Christmas is only 5 pay checks away!
Ok everybody, I need your help. I am trying to think of ideas for my kids for Christmas and their birthdays. Dylan's birthday is about a month before Christmas, and Maddie's is about a week after Christmas. So, with Christmas and birthday's being so close together, it's always a lot of fun for us during winter! I am just not sure what's good for two year olds? I was thinking of getting the Fisher Price Geo Tracks set, but the mfg. suggested age is 3. Do any of you have Geo Tracks? How do your kids like 'em? What age do you say it's good for? I have a few other ideas...but I am really wanting to hear from you! :) What are you getting your two year old? OR, what did your kid like when they were two? What does your grand kids or neighbor's kids like? I know, I know, it's a while yet until Christmas. I like to get started in October, so it's time. As you know, I have a boy and a girl, so suggestions for both are great! Thanks so much! Leave me a comment :0
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
Carrie, I got Ryan the Geo tracks I think when he was 3. He really was into trains and he loved them. They were easy to put together and durable. So I would say that those are a good idea.
I have no ideas for boys, but I got hayden this Elmo doll that you would feed a bottle to and he would cry and kick his legs and suck the bottle. He was so cute, we still have him. She loved dress up and babys at that age.
I think little bikes ( I got Landon little 4 wheeler he rides around the house. I got Landon things with ABC's just to get them start learning. He also loves cars so anything with cars really. It's hard cause every kid different. Girls I think anything with coloring or cooking, Maybe apron and cooking kitchen. BTW your pictures are adorable!!!
Carter has LOVED his Geo Trax. I don't think it's a big deal about the age. I think Dillon would love them. Thomas trains were always Carter's favorite. They lasted forever. Hallie on the other hand loves babies. I'm planning to get her a baby alive for Christmas. They are SO cute!
I copied and pasted these from the post's belows comments- Just in case anyone else is checking this post for the ideas. THANKS SO MUCH EVERYBODY FOR THE IDEAS! THESE ARE GREAT! KEEP "EM COMING! It's great to hear about the toys that have been tried and true.
JaNae~Do your kids have the Little People Fisher Price Farm, Hopspital, House and so on? Jozie LOVED those when she was younger. Just an idea.
Mindy~You said that your kids liked Toy Story right? Well, at Toys r Us they have a set with all the figurines and my kids have played for HOURS with those things. And it was like ten bucks. I will keep thinking and get back with you.
Okay, I have been thinking and have a couple of new ideas. My kids can never get sick of their magnadoodle and I think they got it when Lillie was two. If Dylan likes Dinos, Imaginext has the coolest dinos and other stuff. Max got their pirate ship last year and it is a huge hit. Its the first thing kids play with when they come over. And for Maddie, if she likes playing dollies. Target and toysrus usually have a little dolly playset around Christmas time. Watch at Target cause they are usually cuter patterns from there. Anyway its a little doll set that has a high chair, stroller, car seat, swing, diaper bag, etc. Lillie loved it and she still plays with the stroller. We ended up buying another stroller cause Max plays with it too. Anyhow, I will keep thinking.
Another thing Jordyn his absolutely hooked on her magnadoodle thing. She calls it her writing thing. She has two that are like travel size and one big one and they go everywhere with us. They keep her really occupied when we are in the car. She also loves coloring. All day long. So you might think about coloring stuff. Crayola has those ones that will only color on the paper and if they go off the paper it won't color on the table or anything. Really good thing!!
Hey Carrie, okay for some reason I am having a hard time remembering, but let's see....I know we got Chase a wagon, anything for outside is always a hit. At least at our house. We also got him some of those big lego blocks, which he still loves. Now for girls, Taylor was sooo into the disney princesses at that age. So I believe we got her one of those baby princess dolls, some dress ups, and a kitchen set. I like to get stuff that lasts awhile, you know that grows with them. I think we also might of gotten her some baby doll stuff for Christmas that year. Her baby doll stroller was probably a favorite of hers. She pushed that thing EVERYWHERE! Hopefully that helps. Happy shopping!
I tagged you on my blog!!
My kids have loved their hopballs. Your kids might like them, and they are really inexpensive. Like ten bucks, six if you shop at Ross and find them. They are big balls with handles that you sit on and bounce. We have had ours for a couple of years (I think Liberty was two and loved hers when we got them, they have smaller ones for little kids, look at the inches on them). They are still going strong. They get played with regularly. They have a big selection of them at Toys R Us. We have a fireplace mantle and stairs and have never had any injuries.
Isabelle's favorite things are her play kitchen, her strollers, and her shopping cart. Isabelle loves to cook for us. I would definitely recommend these things! This year for Christmas or birthday, James is hopefully building her a dollhouse because she loves to sneak in and play with her cousin's! Preston could probably build one easily. I hear he's pretty handy! It's hard with Christmas and birthdays so close, huh? I don't have many boy ideas. Good luck!
Post a Comment