This picture is a pretty typical scene from our house. Dylan with both blankies in tow, and Madelyn "helping" mom with laundry, blanket attached of course. Dylan's purple blankie is really Madelyn's. They were gifts from our Bishop and his wife. It is so fun to see all the kids at church with their blankies in different colors. Dylan has pretty much taken over Maddie's.
These blankies get drug around ALL day. Wash day is always tricky ;)
Oh yeah, did I forget to mention...Maddie likes her blanket tied around her waist so she can have both hands free to play. Preston discovered this helpful trick.
Dylan likes to tease Madelyn and run off with hers. But, on the flip side, he is very sweet and brings it to her when she is sad. Maddie always runs to blankie first when she needs some loves, and THEN Mommy :(
Dylan's name for his blankies is something that sort of resembles doggie and sort of resembles cookie all at the same time. It's kind of like Cokggie.
Maddie, Dylan, Blankie, and Cokggie, friends for life I'm afraid. But I love it!












3 comments:
"Cokggie" reminds me of Preston's "va va". Except he used to call EVERYTHING that when he was little not just his blanket...and only I could translate :) Jozie still has to sleep with the ladybug blanket my Mom and I made her to this day.
Maddie cracks me up with her rock phone and blanket-wrap....
Kids are so much fun.
All of my kids had blankies - except Bethany -she was too grown up for that I guess! James kept a piece of his under his pillow up until he was in high school; Holly has her in her cedar chest; and Kaitlyn was certain hers was a 'her' and talked to her like she was real! Laundry time was always a fun time and Blankie usually had to be washed during nap time. Hap Palmer has a DVD called Baby Songs with this song on it - its perfect and Holly and Kailtyn used to watch it over and over!
SECURITY
(Words: Martha Cheney and Hap Palmer / Music: Hap Palmer)
©Hap-Pal Music, Inc.
Chorus:
Don't wash my blanket, don't take it away
I want to drag it around while I play
To me it's O.K. dirty and gray
Please don't wash my blanket today
I might get lonely I might get scared
I need to know that my blanket is there
Repeat Chorus
I might get angry I might cry
I need to know that my blanket's nearby
Repeat Chorus
When we have a baby we are going to hire you to come to our house and give us lessons on how to be a good parent. There are so many things I screwed up with Hayden. I need some classes before the next one. You are the perfect mother.
Post a Comment