»

Monday, October 6, 2008

Ducks, Conference, Sad week, & Silly looking computer generated Peterson's

Preston and his ducks.


This past Saturday was the opening day of the duck hunt. Preston called me out to the garage when he got home for me to take this picture. I thought it was extremely gross. I turned my back to him and told him to tell me when He had all the ducks out. When he gave me the o.k. I turned around and quickly snapped the picture. Well, we all have our hobbies I guess. I will respect his, because he is sweet enough to respect mine. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

178th Semi-Annual general Conference.

I always look forward to conference. I am always sad when it is over, and hate waiting another six months for it to come again. I love how it always has a magical way of letting the saints and all the people of the world hear what we need to hear most at the time. This conference was no exception. I really loved all the talks. I like to take notes of conference when and if I can. This time, I was able to take good notes of all four sessions. The intent is to look over and reflect upon what I initially learned from each talk, until the conference address in the Ensign comes out. But, even if they never get looked at again, when I write something down my brain seems to retain the info. better. As I said, all the talks were great, but I especially loved the Saturday afternoon one by the Prophet. (Thomas S. Monson) It was just perfect! I also loved the one By President Uchtdorf- about the power of Hope. They were so perfectly and beautifully said. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sad week for CarrieThis past week was a sort of a weird one. First of all, I lost a huge case of C.D.'s out of Preston's car. I am actually not sure if they were stolen or if they fell out and got left in a parking lot somewhere. Either way, I am upset about it! I have not even been able to let myself take inventory of the remaining C.D.'s (two other cases that were in my car) to see which ones we are missing. I don't even want to know! I am just going to try and tell myself when I run across one I want, and can't find, that I just let someone borrow it. I am really sick about it.

And then...in a totally unrelated incident, I was a victim of identity theft. Someone attempted to withdraw $300 from my account. They were actually unsuccessful at it thanks to my fraud protection from my bank. They were successful in getting $30, but then they put it right back in. They will do that as a test to see if they can get anything out, and then go for a bigger amount. So, I got a new account number. I was very grateful for my banks fraud protection. But, I do feel a little on edge still, just not quite so safe, ya know? It's one of those things you hear about but never think it could happen to you. Well, it can! I am just thankful that it was not any worse than what is was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Computer generated children. Oh how cute...sort of.

This is what our little girl would look like if we were to have a bio one...I like her, she's cute, except I'm not sure about those braids? I name her Prarie, cause that's a combo of Preston and Carrie. What do you think?


What do you think about my little new baby Prarie?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?


And now for our little boy. His name is Damien. That's what Preston wanted to name Dylan. But, Dylan won, and Preston agrees, it fits him. If we ever have another boy, that's what his name might be...Preston will not let it go! I like original names, and since there are 1,000,000+ Dylan and Madelyn's in the world,(but I don't care, I have sooo loved those names for FOREVER) Don't name your kid Damien so we can have one original one :) I am not sure how our baby got that beautiful complexion...But I like it! Maybe he's the milk mans kid? And why is he wearing a shirt with ruffles on the collar? A hand me down from his sister I guess. LOL.

What do you think about my little new baby Damien?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?

Well, our kids are much cuter than either of these two, in my opinion :) I have often looked at my two and mumbled to myself, "You just couldn't get any cuter-- even if I would have made ya myself!" And, low and behold, I was Right! :)

(I got this from Maggie's blog, thanks, it was fun!)

7 comments:

Darcie said...

Carrie, I am sorry to hear about your cd's that is totally suckee. I got all mine stolen out of my car once too. I never replaced them all. I am also glad your bank was on top of your account, it sure makes you feel safe when something actually happens.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a craptastic week, but you are right, your children are SO adorable, and the computer babies are um, nice. LOL. I will have to track down some photos of us and give it a whirl. Since I hate having my picture done, it should be interesting. I do sort of like the name Prairie, oddly enough.

Carrie said...

Lisa, ya I kinda like the name Prarie too...hmmmm? Most people think of the devil child in the Omen when they hear the name Damien. i have never seen that movie, i don't think I ever will either. you know what's weird? i remember sitting on the couch at Shawn's house (in high school) sluffing from school no doubt, talking about baby names with preston, and, we both said we liked Damien. but, then after everyone said it was the devil childs name I was not so sure.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A couple years ago somebody in another country bought $1,200 worth of luggage with my credit card, the bank caught it, a little too late. I didn't have to pay for it...but it still sucked. Sorry about your ccard.
Do your kids have the Little People Fisher Price Farm, Hopspital, House and so on? Jozie LOVED those when she was younger. Just an idea.

Mindy said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I saw the computer generated picture of your Damien. Yes, he does have a very nice complexion. :)
Anyhow, I have been thinking about Christmas stuff too. You said that your kids liked Toy Story right? Well, at Toys r Us they have a set with all the figurines and my kids have played for HOURS with those things. And it was like ten bucks. I will keep thinking and get back with you.

Mindy said...

Okay, I have been thinking and have a couple of new ideas. My kids can never get sick of their magnadoodle and I think they got it when Lillie was two. If Dylan likes Dinos, Imaginext has the coolest dinos and other stuff. Max got their pirate ship last year and it is a huge hit. Its the first thing kids play with when they come over. And for Maddie, if she likes playing dollies. Target and toysrus usually have a little dolly playset around Christmas time. Watch at Target cause they are usually cuter patterns from there. Anyway its a little doll set that has a high chair, stroller, car seat, swing, diaper bag, etc. Lillie loved it and she still plays with the stroller. We ended up buying another stroller cause Max plays with it too. Anyhow, I will keep thinking.