I was kind of glad that I began so late in the game though. My timing was perfect. All the books had come out, so I would not have to wait for the next. And the movie has not come out yet so, I would not be tempted to watch that instead. Everyone knows the books are always better than the movie :) As I said, the timing was good.
Now, back to the reading 4 books in a six week period..I have not been reading any novels for years, and years now. I was at one time, the girl who spent her entire summer in the nose of book after book. Then I discovered boys and it was all over! JK!! Well, it has been great getting back into it. I actually began my novel reading with a Jodi Picoult book "The Tenth Circle" I read that book in four days, fell back into love with reading and then started Twilight the next day.
Anyhow, it has been funny reading this series. One day while I was reading "Eclipse" my neighbor girl came over to babysit and she was reading it too. My little brother and his wife have been reading at the same time as me too. It has been fun to talk about the books with others as they have been reading. And it's crazy how it catches the attention of a wide age group. I even got my mom to read the first two. So for now, so long to Bella and Edward. Jake and all the Cullen's. I have my opinions of you all, and I LOVE you all! My husband is rolling his eyes right about now. :) Maybe someday I will try to do a post where I state my overview of each character in one sentence. Ok, that will never work, I can't say anything in one sentence! It has come to my attention that not everyone saw Bella as the immature, selfish (at times) girl that I did. The Bella of book four really grew on me though. But, there ARE those who did see the same Bella as me. It is interesting the same words translate to people differently. In the end I came to understand her, and that was good.
Even saying that I came to understand Bella, she is defiantly Stephanie Meyer's "Mary Sue" character. Don't know what that is?click here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
To me, Bella is Stephenie Meyer's "pet". I think she lives vicariously thru her. I am a Twilight fan! So, this is not a complaint, just an observation.









6 comments:
Thanks so much to Mindy for borrowing Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to me! I actually liked Breaking Dawn quite a bit. Eclipse is probly my fav? It's hard to say, because I could stand Bella so much more in #4. But, I Loved, loved the conversation between Edward and Jacob that night in the tent in Eclipse. Sorry folks, I am a Jacob-ish fan. But am in love with Edward. Don't worry, Preston knows. I guess it is hard to admit...but I AM like Bella in that way-I like Jacob and Edward BOTH! What a dilemma. I loved taking this journey with Bella and the gang. I really liked it when S.M. wrote in Jacob's perspective too. Kudos to her on that, but that's just me.
THE END.
Till I have more to rant and rave about.
I am excited to read her new books. The ones that are in edwards view. You can actually go online and read the first chapter. I can't remember the website though. I was, and still am, like you when I was younger. I would just read and read and read. Now its not as much, but still there. Every night I lay in bed and read, at least until I fall asleep.
Carrie,
oh man, I am confessing that I have lost my interest in the book I am in. Yes, I am still in #2 and on page 380 or so. I am having a problem getting myself to sit and read it. I am tired of all the little details and I just want to know what happens in the end. I don't know if it is possible to read another 14,000 pages to find out. Jeremy is finished and he loved #4. I am a pathetic reader, maybe I should get some valium to get myself to get it done. :-(
I am very excited for the movie(s)
Your fall harvest looks great. All our pumpkins are green. We are suckee gardeners. But next year we need to borrow some fish.
"disclaimer" If not finished with twilight, DO NOT READ." Hi sis. I have ment to call you for a while now. But until i do, i will try this. So i did finish a couple weeks ago. I must say the last book was my favorite. Im delighted that really everything i wanted to happen, did. except maybe jacob being ran off or a fight to the death between edward and him. Edward being the victor of coarse. but it grew on me too. The conclusion that is. I enjoyed the ties and how finally there was some devision between Bella and jacob. for hell sakes she was and or is married:-). Bella was inmature and lost, trying to play both sides. That annoyed me. We will have to have a more in depth discussion soon. Edward is the man. A giant of self sacrific and always put her and her, and even her desires, first. Jacob was the impulsive, uneducated dog boy... is that obvious I enjoyed his character. He did exercise some chivalry, but still selfish. Bella did grow imensely. Maybe it was the baby, maybe or mostly it was her new focus and way of life that reeled her into seeing things for what they were. Her soul mate is Edward. So stop being petty and stupid and make things right. And she did. The end was a absolute Stroke of genious. How so many pieces fell to fit and add depth. All the covens, all their talents and personalities. So interesting. To cut this comment short, Keep it a short story catagory. The entire series, I enjoyed. and as of late, Suffer from lack of the twilight series. I never thought i would say it but if it had not ended so well i could take one more!!!. Love you cair. till the movie i guess.
**Caution Contains spoilers!!
Jer (darcie) I am thinking that I liked Jacob better than you...this is why I think I did. I could not see what Edward saw in Bella. It drove me crazy. At first I thought she made a better match with Jacob. I so agree with you, in the end, the Bella character came full circle for me. I ended up being ok w/ the fact that Edward loved her. As far as the ending, I also agree, well thought out. It came together nicely. BUT, as fluffy a person as I am, and I lOVE a happy ending, I sort of wanted a FIGHT! Not one that any of my beloved Cullen's die or anything, but a fight where they get to kill or wound someone at least. Well, I guess they wounded the Voultri's ego. That counts for something. In my mind, the Voultri falls and the Cullen's are looked at as the new Royals of the Vampire world, although they do not let it get to their heads. Well, I could go on, and on. I'll have to chat with ya later! Love you too.
p.s. I loved Garrett's speech to the Voultri, smart vamp!
Post a Comment