I got tagged by Lacy! :)
Name 7 random things about yourself...Well, I have posted this sort of thing before, so I tried to come up with 7 different things. Here goes. (i don't think they are all different? not sure tho.)
1) I get cold feet! No, not the backing-out-of-an-important-thing type cold feet. Literal cold feet. Anytime the temperature drops anything below 75ish it's a problem. So, last week, my husband got me some Uggs for my birthday! :) What a sweet guy right? Well, my birthday was last July. I was kind of in denial about the birthday thing, so it took this long to get a present. But, as soon as Fall temperatures were among us, it became very apparent that I was ok accepting a birthday gift, even so late ;)
2) I love piano music. Am I too old to learn to play? Well, I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I had to do the work. I just love to listen.
3) I hate scary movies! I just get too scared. Heck, I get scared on the Terror Ride at Lagoon. lol.
4) I like to take walks in the rain. Even as a kid, I can remember doing that.
5) I am a tummy sleeper. It's the only way I can fall asleep. I have heard that the way you squish the side of your face causes permanent wrinkles. This makes sense to me. I hope it's a myth? I have a bad back and the tummy position wreaks havoc.
6) When I was a kid we had a set of dark red encyclopedias with gold accents. I remember the door-to-door sales man who sold them to us. I loved to read through those books. I would look at the pictures and read about things. Now remember, this was way before Al Gore invented the Internet. (chuckle, chuckle) You would have thought that this would have made me like really smart. No such luck. (chuckle, sigh..)
7) This kind of goes back to number one. When it is cold, I love to get a blanket and snuggle up by the heat vent. I put the blanket over the vent to trap all the hot air. This could be looked at as childish behavior, but when did I grow up? I mean really?









4 comments:
I love it! "When did I grow up, really?" So true. We spend the first twenty years of our lives trying our best to grow up, and then the last trying to pretend it didn't happen!
Wow...Preston actually knows about the coolness of Ugg boots, I'm impressed.
I hate scary movies too. Travis is always asking me to watch me.....noooo!
I used to read the encyclopedias too! My Mom bought them a couple at a time from Smith's...I think. Or anyway that's how I remember it.
I love piano music too. I have a piano that plays piano music and I love it. It has always been a life time goal of my to learn to play too. Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
Jeremy loves the heater thing too. I always thought that guys were hotter than girls, but Jeremy loves the heater blasting him or sitting on vent. He is so cute. Your house must have been cold when you guys were little.
We have LOTS in common. I am SOOO a tummy sleeper and I too worry about the wrinkle thing too. I LOVED to read those encyclopedias...I think we might of had the same ones by the way you explained them. My parents still have them too. I remember as a kid aspiring to someday have the official Encylopedia Brittanica...it seemed so official to have the name brand ones. Chad thinks I am funny too...I like to read owners manuals. When we get something new...I usually take the manual aside for leisure reading...even car manuals. I know...I'm nuts!
Post a Comment