»

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History made, AMAZING! PRAY for the best....

I am sick of all the political mumbo jumbo, and I am sure you are too. So, I will write of it no more after this. (no promises tho.)
Well, the election is over! What a long ride that was for the American people! (not to mention the candidate's)It is really no surprise to me that President Elect Obama won. Historically, if any one party has held office for eight years, the opposing party will take over at the next election. Except in the election after President Reagan's 8 years. President Bush Sr. was Reagan's third term...that's what they say. Anyway, in all other elections that is what has happened. If the outcome was not what you hoped for, you still can't deny that History was made last night! And no matter what your political view, that's pretty amazing. How many of you would have thought this would happen, let's say 10 years ago-or even 5? I am not afraid to say that I am a Republican-no surprise. So, of course, it did not turn out the way I wanted. Let's just PRAY for the best here! Good luck President Elect Obama, you are going to need it!

3 comments:

Darcie said...

I glad the whole thing is over too. I am going to try to get used to listening to a guy that looks like a monkey and who when he talks I really don't feel like its all honesty. I would much rather look at someone that looks like my grandpa and sounds more sincere. I know its now about looks, but when Obama talks I feel like he is just saying what we want to hear.
I did love McCain's speak last night, I thot he did an awesome job and I almost wanted to cry along with Sarah thinking about what might be ahead.

erin said...

I totally agree with you, Carrie--on all of your views. I am hoping for the best as well. And I certainly support and respect our newly elected Pres., even though I did not vote for him.

Carrie said...

Last night as we said our prayers my husband prayed for the future of our country and specifically for our President Elect-Barack Obama. Calling him by name and asking our Heavenly Father to lead and guide him. This is what I strongly believe needs to be done at this point. My husband is less of a fan of Mr. Obama than I am. But, at this point it's all we can do. We fully intend on judging future President Obama by the content of his character and not by the color of his skin. Just as I have been raised all my life to do with all people. Please pray for Barack's content! :)