»

Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Love Halloween! candy hangover

We went to our ward's trunk or treat last week. When we got home, the kids reached Dylan's bucket off the counter and dug in while my back was turned. It was actually kind of funny to see how they managed to get the wrappers off and a good bite in before getting caught. I don't really let them eat candy (mean mommy) so, this was a huge treat! The next morning the kids were upset when they managed to get a hold of the bucket again, only to discover it was empty :(
This year, we went with a Pirate theme. We were Caribbean Pirates to be exact. Arrrgh! We have been teaching the kids to say "Arrrgh", you know, so they can be authentic. Their's sounds kinda like "arrre" But it's so cute.
Preston really gets into character, as you can see.
This picture is from last year. I believe I missed the memo about the Pooh theme, however, this is Preston trying to smile like Tigger. Like I said, he likes to get into character. What a goof!

...and this is me, being a goof.

The kids really loved trick or treating this year! It was so fun! I did not expect them to get as into it as they did. We went with My dad around his neighborhood. Maddie loved knocking on the doors. Dylan was so friendly, and jabbered to everyone with excitement. Madelyn would say kay-you (thank-you) as she left each home. Precious.

It was so cute seeing them toting their buckets. They loved looking at all the decorations and spooky things. We only went to about 15 houses, but it was enough for these little ones. They were troopers. Not a scream or a whine! Even though it rained on us a little, the temperature was great!

This is the candy we didn't manage to shove into our mouths before the night was through. We even got some of those recalled Pirate coins. (not taking any chances they got thrown away) You would be amazed at how much this little of candy weighs. Halloween was so much fun for us this year! Don't worry, Dylan and Madelyn got plenty of candy eating out if it, enough to make up for what I deprive them :)


9 comments:

Mindy said...

Way cute! You guys are so festive to dress up too. Chad and I need to start doing that.

Darcie said...

You guys look awesome. Very cute. Don't you just love Halloween? I love your theme and Lindy looked amazing too. Your parents are very cute, cute widows peak on your Dad. Wish we could have seen ya.

Matt and Liz said...

I love that you have matching costumes! What great parents. Matt and I are party poopers when it comes to costumes.

Jamie said...

Halloween is so fun! You guys look great.

LacyAsher#1 said...

When I saw that we changed our backgrounds to the same thing I almost changed it, but then I was like "No way, I think it is to cute!" just goes to show we both have really good taste.

Moleff Family! said...

I love your Blog! Very cute pics!! Adorable kids!!!

JaNae said...

Ummm...i think Preston is having more fun than the kids.
You guys look so cute.

Candie said...

hahah.. I love the pirate theme! You guys look awesome! It looks like you had a super fun Halloween as well! :)

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Carrie, I love your little family. I saw this quote and it absolutlely reminds me of you guys and your babies. "Not flesh of my flesh, not bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never think for a single minute you grew not under my heart but in it! "