»

Saturday, April 25, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy PrEsToN!

Revised post on April 29th...
Preston Neal Peterson was born on April 25th 1976.
Above picture May 23 1976.
He was two months premature and weighed 3lbs. 8 oz. at birth.
Nowadays I don't think that is as scary of a birth weight, but back then it was scarily tiny.
Preston had to be fed with a feeding tube in his nose because he would not stay awake long enough to eat. When he was about two weeks old his drops somehow got turned way up and his lungs filled with fluid. He also had a bad heart murmur. So, those things set him back a bit. I like this picture with the little blue boxing gloves in the background.He really was a little fighter! He was in the hospital for eight weeks before he could come home, weighing 4 lbs. 15 oz.


July 1976, Preston's blessing outfit.


January 2007, Dylan wearing Preston's blessing outfit!
Dylan is a month and a half old in this picture. Dylan was not blessed until he was over six months old. So, this is not the outfit he wore to be blessed in. There is no way it would fit. Since adoptions can not be finalized until the child has been in your care for six months, we were not able to bless him until then. I just thought it was cute them in the same outfit :)

Preston's first Birthday!!

5 years old.

8th grade.
I love this picture, he's sooo cute!
I didn't know him quite yet, but I wish I would have! :)

Preston has three sisters and is the only boy. Preston loves to hunt, camp, ride four wheelers and motorcycles, and go target shooting. He is a BIG fan of UFC (cage fighting, mixed martial arts) Supercross (stadium motorcycle racing) and Motocross (outdoor track racing). Preston loves spending time with his family. He is an excellent provider and husband. We could not ask for anything more!

We were happy that SuperCross came back to Utah after five years. They even knew to schedule it on Preston's birthday. Lol! It was the perfect birthday outing for him. A little wet and a wee bit cold, but super FUN anyway!
L to R Tim, Jess, Prest, Dan, Lindy, Darcie, Jeremy

Me n Preston at SuperCross!
We hope to take the kids next year. The whole time I kept thinking how much Dylan would love it. I hope he will love it for more than 15 minutes though! Maybe we will go to Vegas for the finals next year. We have gone in the past and it was AwEsOmE!!
I love you babe,
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!


8 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Preston!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the BEST brother EVER! I hope the Supercross rocks tonight!
Those pictures of Preston as a tiny baby made my teary-eyed....and look at him now :)
Preston you are the BEST brother a girl could ask for. I hope you have a awesome birthday!
Love, JaNae aka your favorite big sister LOL!

Tory Miller said...

Happy Birthday Preston!! Hope supercross was fun!!! :)

Allen n Teresa said...

Definately tell your hubby happy b-day! That's awesome Dylan got to wear the same blessing outfit! Too cute!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

The description you put of him sounds a lot like my husband. Guess we will have to get together & BBQ, I bet they'd get along really well. I love that Dylan wore Preston's blessing outfit. So darling!

Matt N Camie Family said...

AWW! Soo sweet! Happy Birthday Preston!! Those pictures are precious!! :) Next time you are going to supercross you should call us!!! We LOVE supercross and haven't been for YEARS!! The last time we saw it was in Vegas when Britt was 6 months old!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Preston!! I didn't know he was premature. He is such a great guy, so glad your our neighbors!

Darcie said...

Carrie, I love that you have his pictures of when he was little. That is great you have them scanned in and all. I would love to get some of Jeremy, I have one picture and that is it:-(
We hope he had a great birthday!