»

Friday, April 10, 2009

Yet shall he live!


"The empty tomb that first Easter morning brought comforting assurance, an affirmative answer to Job's question, 'If a man die, shall he live again?'
"To all who have lost loved ones, we would turn Job's question to an answer: If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. 'I am the resurrection, and the life,' spoke the Master. 'He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."'

~President Monson April 2007

Here is a little Easter message for you...

The side of these videos got cut off. Sorry you will be missing a few words on this first one. Nice pictures though to get you into the Easter spirit :) They are each just two and a half minutes long.


While searching for the above video on You Tube, I ran across this little gem. (below) I love Elder Holland. The message he delivered last Sunday at conference was nothing short of a masterpiece. Just beautiful. I love conference and always look forward to it. I am always sad to see it end. If the 14 year old me could hear me say that now! :) The talks were all beautiful, but as Elder Holland stood to the pulpit I knew something great was about to come from this man. Before he even opened his mouth, there was just that presents about him. If you missed it, or need a refresher, as I always do, be sure to catch it in the May 2009 Ensign.

This is a clip from Elder Holland's talk at conference in October 2007.


HaPpY EASTER!

5 comments:

Allen n Teresa said...

Very Inspirational! Thank You for the lift! Holland has always been one of my favorites, too. :)

Carrie said...

I remember when this was first delivered. I was like YOU GO ELDER HOLLAND! I am sick and tired of people thinking "Mormons" are not Christian. We ARE The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints for heaven sake. I have a long way to go in becoming like Jesus, but I have a firm belief that he lived and died and suffered for you and me. He was ressurected. I believe that to be the most signifigant thing that has ever happened on this Earth. He is my older brother and our Savior. I am a Christian and I am proud.

LacyAsher#1 said...

K where do you make your headers? They are always soooo cute!

Darcie said...

Thanks Carrie, I needed that today. I am going to have Hayden watch these too.
Happy Easter! I hope the baptism and egg hunts are all fun. I am on call all weekend :-( so we can't come.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great Easter message! I also needed to hear some of those things today! I hope you guys had a great holiday! I'll be home tm to pick up all my mail :) Walk this week for sure the weather I think is supposed to be pretty nice!