So, this first video I saw on T.V. a week or so back. I loved it and immediately looked it up on You Tube. Apparently it's like two years old, so you may have seen it before. I love the message. The first thing I thought of was my own daughter. How different the world is from when I was a kid and I am scared for her. The pressure is just too much. And, of course unrealistic. The lady in the video is beautiful to begin with. Why mess with true beauty and make it into something fake? Second I thought of my son and what his perception of women will be growing up in this fake world? I want him to know what real beauty is. Please watch this, it's good!
1 min. 14 seconds
while I was looking for that top one, I found this one as well. It made me tear up. I must say girls have it rough these days. It breaks my heart to think of all the pressures to be perfect, and it starts so young! I appreciate the messages Dove has put out there and I wanted to share.
1 min.
These messages are GREAT for us as adults too. We struggle with the same problems in this "only Hollywood is beautiful" world. At least I do. And afterall, we were all once that little girl.









10 comments:
THANK YOU!! for that post. I really needed something like that when I was in school. I wasn't anorexic(sp?) but I would go days without eating even though now I realize I was thin & wish I had my old body back (stupid thinking again). It's especially sad what our kids are going to be faced with. I LOVE the dove commercials!!! Oprah has done specials on them=)
Since we've had kids, we took the word fat & skinny out of our vocabulary. Our lil' man just barely learned what "fat" & "skinny" is & would ya know, not from us but from school. Sad I know. Recently we were at a store & he asked about a guy in front of us in line & why he was fat. I about died & felt horrible for the guy. But we had a good talk with lil' man & I hope that he understands. Thank goodness we have the gospel & hopefully even though we are in the world, we can try are best to keep our kids from being "of the world". But it will always be a battle, I'm sure...especially with are girls. I even struggle with my own self-esteem from time to time.
Thanks again for that. I love how you always get us thinking.
That first one is truly amazing and made me feel 100 times better about myself! I had no idea they did that much to pictures for billboards! But with the program they used to make her look that way...anybody could look that way (woohoo-not)It is heartbreaking that such unreal expectations are put into kids' heads! I thought it was bad when we were growing up but now with the technology...it's a battle the average person will never win. Unless parents can instill in them that there is no battle because it's not about who can look the best, it's about who can get back to our Heavenly Parents the best (and take with them the most). I hope when I am blessed with a kids, I can remember this.
Wow, what a great post! Makes me want to go tell my girls how beautiful they are just the way they are! By the way, let me know how printing out your blog goes. I would love to do that too, although mine is nowhere near as cute as yours and Christy Morton's!
Very good, thanks. The girl in the 2nd one reminded me of Hayden.
Thanks for sharing that with all of us! Everyone needs a reminder now and then that no one is perfect and even flaws are beautiful!!
I wish more people understood that most pictures and women they see in magazines ARE fake!!!! It's so sad that girls hate themselves and are killing themselves over something that doesn't exsist!!! Thanks for posting that!!!!
I loved your post. It reminded me of parts of a book I'm reading right now. I did a post about it. Thanks for your inspiration! You are the perfect woman in my mind! Beauty, cute mom and wife! I'm glad I've been able to get to know you better through blogging. Your kids are adorable!
EVERYONE WHO SEES THIS REALLY SHOULD CHECK OUT CAMERAHAPPY'S POST, IT IS SO WONDERFULLY WRITTEN AND THOUGHT PROVOKING. I LOVED IT!!!
http://fourfrancis.blogspot.com/
That totally touched me! Thanks Carrie.
Carrie,
Thanks for your comments on my blog this week. No worries, you have never offended me! It was kind of a one-time incident by an annyonmous blogger, but since forgiven. I have LOVED all of your comments and really appreciate your support! Thank you so much for sharing! You have a beautiful family!
-Heidi
www.hopeformotherhood.blogspot.com
Post a Comment