»

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dylan and Madelyn update: for history sake! ;)

I plan on doing an update on our family and especially our kids from time to time. Just some of the things they have been doing, what they like, what they dislike, new things they have learned, etc. I have not been good at all in journal writing for the past several years. At one time I was much better. I am glad I started this blog, because at least it is something, right? I used to enjoy scrap booking quite a bit as well. Now when people ask me what my hobbies are I think to say scrap booking, but then stop myself. I have come to realize that at this point in my life it is not something I am interested in spending my time on. And really, what a shame. I think one day I will get back into it? Right now is when I remember the details of things, not in years from now! One more reason I am thankful for my silly little blog. It is helping me to capture some details...I think! So, I guess I would have to say blogging is my hobby.

A Little about Dylan:












Dylan is now 28 1/2 months old. He loves to play with trucks and cars. He also loves trains. He loves going for rides on the 4-wheeler with his dad. He loves to play outside and especially loves his sandbox.



One of Dylan's all time favorite things to do right now is take a bath. He asks to take one every night and could stay in there for hours I think. I am not really too sure how long would be long enough for him; he has never asked to get out :)





He likes to brush his teeth and has been actually doing a good job of doing it by himself after I do a good once over of course. Dylan has always been my real good napper. He still takes a two to three hour nap every single day. He goes down real easy and snuggles right into his blankies.


Speaking of blankies, he used to call them coggies. Ever since he began speaking this is what he has called them. UNTIL one day just about a month ago I asked him to hand me his coggie (or goggie, something like that...). He looked at me as if I were speaking French and said back to me, "no, banket" (bLanket of course). Since that day he has not called them that ever again. I don't think I ever heard him say blanket before that day and now that's all he will call them. Go figure! He even had Maddie calling them that. She would say both blankie and coggie. Also a few weeks ago, Dylan learned to climb out of his crib. It surprised me it took him this long to do it. I had a hard time for two days getting him to stay in his crib at nap and bedtime. But only for two days. He has not gotten out of his crib once since. I am not sure how long this will last? I am crossing my fingers it will be at least until this Fall. Dylan likes to play the game where you name body parts (when in the mood) and point them out; I love to have him do eyebrows because he will raise them up and down. It's so funny! It's like hubba hubba! He also likes to do ears by pulling them out from his head. Dylan is an active and loving little guy. He loves to give his sister hugs to comfort her when he can she she is stressed about something.
Dylan is my little sidekick. He is a true mommas boy and I couldn't love it more! (most the time ;) He's usually quite interested in what I am doing and wants to be a part of it. You may say, ya, like most toddlers. But Maddie is quite the opposite. She does more her own thing and only seems to be interested in what Dylan is doing (as opposed to me or anyone else) until he's not doing it anymore, she wants to move on to the next thing right along with him.

Dylan loves to draw with his magna doodle. He loves his daddy to draw him trucks w/ big wheels. He especially likes the way daddy draws big tread on the tires. He will erase it and have Preston draw them over and over again. I think Dylan is going to be rather artistic. He tries to color individual objects in the coloring book. Yeah, it may be WAY out of the lines, but he tries. I have observed other kids his age, (ok , Maddie, I try not to compare them) and they just scribble all over, which Dylan does do, but he also tries to color the individual objects. He is drawing circles now and is so excited about it! I am pretty sure it's because circles are the shape of wheels and he LOVES wheels! He also draws lines and exclaims, "LINE!" he gets so excited about his accomplishments. I am sure it won't be long before he is putting those lines and circles together to draw his own truck.

Dylan LOVES to dance. It is so cute. He will say, "Dance? Dance!" whenever he wants me to get the radio out. He dances in the car in his car seat, he dances to American Idol and Dancing With the Stars, any commercial with music and his favorite is to dance to the Celebrity Apprentice theme music. He cracks me up! His aunt Julie just commented on how she just loves his little personality. She said he loves life and it's so cute how he gets excited about everything. I would have to agree! We love Dylan so much!!!

A little about Maddie:











Madelyn is now 27 1/2 months old. She loves her "baby" and her blankie. She loves to push her baby around in her stroller. She only takes a nap about every other day. But when she does nap, she naps about two hours.

She loves to play outside and loves to play with Brody our dog. It seems as her and Brody have had a special little bond since she was born. It's pretty cute. Dylan loves Brody too. Maddie especially loves to swing. She is very adventurous and seems to have no fear. She will go down the highest slide at the playground and does not bat an eye. She just says "Weeee!" Maddie is a pretty rough and tumbly girl. She LOVES to wrestle with her daddy and brother. She loves to wrestle with me too, but I get sick of it sooner than the boys :) She wears me out and kicks my bum all at the same time. She loves to be tickled and loves attention from daddy. She is a daddy's girl! Lately Maddie has been surprising me with lots of kisses. She must says "kiss?" and puckers up and lays one on me. I LOVE it!

She pretty much wants to do anything that Dylan is doing. So if Dylan is liking it at the moment so is she :)

Madelyn loves to brush her teeth too. When she's in the tub all I say is "time to brush" and she leans the back of her head against the side of the tub opens her mouth and lets me go at it.




Maddie is VERY good at reminding us to say the blessing before all meals and snacks. She says, "fold arms?" every time she is put at the table. It is PRECIOUS! Maddie loves to walk around on her tip toes. She does not have any medical reason for doing this, she just likes to do it. She jumps and hops around a lot too. She prances around while her little curls bounce. Maddie likes stuff on her head. She likes hats, but will put anything on her head that will stay there.

We like to tease that Maddie's nickname should be Pig Pen from Charlie Brown. She seems to attract the dirt! She is a great little eater as far as toddlers go, but a SUPER messy one at that. We always get a good laugh at how clean Dylan's eating area is compared to hers. Sometimes there is not a crumb to be found under his chair and her floor under her chair needs a good sweeping. I love to paint Maddie's toes. She looks down at them and says "pitty!" or "coot, coot!" (pretty and cute) I always tell her she has such cute toes cause she does! Madelyn loves Elmo. She does not like T.V. quite as much as Dylan does (not that that's a bad thing) but she sure LOVES to watch "Elmo's World" on Sesame Street. I would say Maddie is a little tom-boy and girlie girl all at the same time. She looks at the outfit I picked her out for the day and exclaims, "cute!" She likes to wear dress up clothes. She is just really starting to get into that. She really loves shoes too! She changes them several times a day. Watch out daddy, we have a shoe lover here. ;) She is doing just great at her potty training and I think we are pretty much there except she will sometimes pee at nap and night time. But wakes up dry most the time. She has even been doing GREAT at pooping! Good job Maddie! She even tells herself that. :) Madelyn is a sweet and sensitive little girl, we love her so much!!!

DYLAN & MADDIE!

What a pair :)





the end.

6 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

Totally cute!! I love that they have their own lil' personalities already. I really loved that age. You have very adorable kids!!

Darcie said...

That was so fun to read. Its such a great idea to record these times, because as they get older its so hard to remember these things that they like and their little personalities. They will really love to read it as they get older too.
They are both so cute.

Unknown said...

Oh Carrie I LOVE this! It's so cute to hear what they are doing! I have no doubt whatsoever that Dylan will be VERY artistic :) I love that he and Maddie are so close. They are both so adorable! It seriously seems like yesterday that they were barely born and were tiny babies. They grow up so fast!

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing all of this! It is so fun to watch Dylan and Maddie grow and see their unique and cute personalities emerging even more so than before. I'm with Bethany - there is no doubt in my mind that Dylan will be artistic! ;o) Just so you know, Holly was really good at taking naps - even up to Kindergarten. She would sleep two or three hours every afternoon - even after she grew out of her crib. They get so busy and are so excited about everything I think it just wears them out! Love the pictures and the stories - thanks again for sharing with us all!

Anonymous said...

I just think you have got the cutest kids with LOADS of personality.
I just love em' to bits!

Matt N Camie Family said...

AWWWW! So fun!! They are adorable! Makes me remember back in the day when mine were that young! :) One day when you are where I am and all your kids are in school you will want to scrapbook again just so you can remember all these types of things!! I think blogging it all in the meantime is the best thing ever!! If I had had a blog back then that I could reference now for my scrapbooking I would LOVE it! Anywho, thanks for sharing! :)