»

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Preston's 4-wheeler trip...& My Three Things

Every year Preston and some of his buddies go on a 4-wheeler trip. This year they went the last weekend in August to Skyline Drive. That's in Fairview Canyon. It is beautiful there. There really is a lot of great riding too. Preston's number one passion? Me, of course. (and the kids) Number two? 4-wheeling!

Chad


Will


He's HOT!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Three Things-tagged by my sis-in-law JaNae :)

3 joys:

~My Children and my Husband
~The Gospel
~The knowledge that families are forever

3 fears:

~Getting older
~Family tragedy of any sort
~Snakes-big time. I have constant nightmares about them, I am pretty sure they are pure devils spawn, and if I ever have a world of my own...NO SNAKES! PS anyone who knows me, knows that Hawaii is like Heaven to me- guess what...there are NO SNAKES in Hawaii, they are actually banned, yep, it is true.

3 goals:

~We are working on our food storage right now. We have done quite a bit, with lots more to do, it's a BIG job!
~ To raise my children in a way that is not going to scar them! :) I had a great childhood, I want that for them.
~To TRULY see others as I would want to be seen. Nobody is perfect. I do not want to be judged by my imperfections. And I should not judge others for theirs.

3 current obsessions/collections:

~The quest to find the perfect sunglasses for my little head.
~I have a GOOD collection of dirty diapers out in the garbage can right now...and sippy cups in the cupboard.
~Oh, I love Fisher Price Little People. Well, I don't have tons or anything, but I am collecting them for my kids.

~3 random surprises about yourself:

~I like to watch old sitcoms like "The Andy Griffith Show" or "My Three Sons".
~I do not think this comes as a surprise, but I am a worrier. What do I worry about? You name It, I worry about it. Like, "did that comment I left on so and so's blog come out like I meant it..or is there anyway to keep these wrinkles from coming?" You know, stuff like that.
~I sing that awful song, (yet catchy in a bad way...) "I kissed a Girl" to my kids, but I change the lyrics. I say things like "I kissed Maddie and I love her, Her cute face and those beautiful eyes..." Or, "I kissed Dylan, he's so handsome, those dreamy eyes and cheesy smile..." Well, what can I really say, I am a weirdo! Can you get any more random than that...really?
I know this has been going around in the blog world for a while...I don't know who to tag.? If you have never done it or would like to do it again (cause let's face it, if I were to do this tomorrow, my answers could be different) YOU ARE IT! please?... ;)

4 comments:

JaNae said...

I have a fear of getting old too, I do anything I can to avoid wrinkles and gray hairs....I mean no, I don't have any wrinkles or gray hair what am I babbling about :)

That's a really good pic of my handsome brother by the way.

There has never been a reportes case of rabies in Hawaii either, no rabies no snakes....sounds like paradise to me!

Darcie said...

Those are all really interesting things to know about you. I have a problem with worrying too, about things I can do nothing about.

Jamie said...

I had a lot of fun reading this and learning more about you. We actually have some stuff in common. I am totally with you on the whole snake thing, they are just plain EVIL! No doubt about it. And I tend to worry a little, (Ok, Cort would tell you a lot.) Although, I'm starting to realize I can worry and worry and worry and it doesn't ever seem to change a thing. I also love the little songs you make up for your kids. (I do that too.) What lucky kids you have, to have such a amazing mom.

Carrie said...

Preston, you have a really awesome wife for letting you go ALL weekend with your buddies! She loves you a lot, and is so grateful for what you do for her family, she must have figured you nedded a little boy time! ;)
i LoVe YoU!