Brigham Young said, "Will the constitution be destroyed? No: it will be held inviolate by this people."
and, Joseph Smith said, "The time will come when the destiny of the nation will hang upon a single thread. At that critical juncture, this people will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction."
The 'hang upon a single thread' part is what gets me...what are we in for?
these references can be found here:
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/JournalOfDiscourses3&CISOPTR=9603
after you get to the above address, click on 'Celebration of the Fourth of July' on the sidebar and then click on page 15.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Butterfield Canyon
This past Sunday we took a drive up to the top of Butterfield Canyon. The leaves are starting to change, and it is looking so beautiful! Here are some pictures.









6 comments:
I love fall, it is my very fav. I am trying to get my mom to take some family pictures of us in the leaves.
So hunting, I told jeremy he can just go and buy some deer meat at the store. I am a bad wife, but I have always hated hunting with a passion. He said it wasn't the same and that he wanted to get into it again, yikes! I hate dead animal and meat, ugh :-O I could turn into a vegan very quickly.
Those are some beautiful fall colors. I forget about that canyon, and really it's so close.
That's Butterfield Canyon? I haven't been up there in years. I think that we just might have to take a drive up there too and soon.
Darcie, I do not eat much meat to begin with let alone Deer or Elk or anything like that! I'm with ya, babe, YUCK! I almost wonder if Preston does not LOVE it either...I think it's more the male bonding than anything, and maybe the thrill of the kill. Oh, I hated writing that-how sad! He eats it though.
He better eat it or his big sis will kick his trash. I say if you must kill it you BETTER eat it...or listen to JaNae nag you about killing in vain.....just my two cents.
Did Preston find you with his impressive "skillz"?
Well, he must be doing something right then :)
Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite and his "skillz". hehehe!
Post a Comment