»

Friday, June 26, 2009

Bingers! And The Kissing Hand.

The other day Maddie came up to me and wiped something sticky/slimy all over my leg. I exclaimed, "Maddie! What's on your hands!?" She looked down at them and then back at me and with the most innocent look she said, "Bingers!" Translation: fingers. I was left feeling dumb, out smarted by my not yet 2 1/2 year old. Of course, fingers. Well, I laughed about it all day and wanted to blog it cause I know I will soon forget the funny things they say to make me laugh. When I told Preston about it, he just looked at me and said, "Oh, did ya have to be there?" Well, maybe yes, you had to be there, but it still makes me chuckle a little to think of it. Maybe it was the look on her face. The picture is of her taking a bite out of every carrot in the bag. She was "helping" me prepare some dinner, even though she was right there with me, I was so busy with what I was doing to notice.

So, while I am blogging about my kids, I just thought of this one. A month or more ago while we were planting the garden, Preston was showing Dylan worms and placing them in his hands and he would walk all around the yard with them. Seriously gross. I don't like worms, and sorry, but I am not going to be touching one any time soon. Anyway, as soon as I saw him with it, I made him drop it and told him worms were gross. (I know, I know, let the boy be a boy, anyway,) So, to dart in another direction, just for a moment, I have this strange habit of kissing the palms of my kids' hands. Ever since the day they were born I have done this. (I recently read the children's book "The Kissing hand" I didn't even know about that book when I started doing that. Anyhoo,) So, about a half hour later or so, after he had been holding the worm, I kissed the palm of that hand!!! I am still extremely grossed out about it to this day! Kissing a newborns hand is MUCH different than kissing a 2 year olds! Lol! kissing your kids: Good. Kissing wormy hands: Bad, very bad. ;) Speaking of worms, while doing some yard clean up this past spring, we lifted a big pile of leaves and found a mess of worms underneath. Preston was telling Dylan, look at the worms! Dylan, those are worms! Dylan just says, "Ya, Da, of course they are!" It's just funny for me to hear my babies talking like big kids. I think how did this happen? Learning and saying new things every single day. I heard an expert say that at this age they are learning an average of 10 new words a day! Wow. No wonder I can barley keep up with them!

7 comments:

Tory Miller said...

So cute. I thought it was funny and I wasn't there. Duh.. Fingers are on your hands Carrie. LOL! Now you have wormy lips. :)

RaCeNMoMmY said...

how cute! i love when they start talking a lot but still have a hard time pronouncing. Race used to call spiderman, man man. i cant even remember when he stopped but miss it. I wished i would have wrote all those down. Make sure you do. i think the "bingers" thing is funny. maybe you have to be there if your a guy but for us moms you don't. brad didn't laugh about race saying i'm losing it either, just agreed that i am, LOL! oh well..

Allen n Teresa said...

I guess you just have to be a guy to "had to be there" to find it funny. It made me giggle. Remind if I am ever blessed with kids I don't want to pick up the habit of kissing hands. I can't even hardly stand to look at little slimy wiggly, let's face it...disgusting worms. Eww. When I was about 9 or 10 Matt put one in my hair. The poor worm got sliced and diced trying to get it out of my hair. (TMI?) Since then I have a worm-phobia.

Mindy said...

They are both so cute. That is so funny, my kids and I LOVE the kissing hand. They are always coming and kissing my palms...its so sweet. Get used to the worms....wait till you find them in Dylans pockets when you are doing wash....or even better, like Max....he ate a potato bug one day....gross.

Candie said...

They are both sooo adorable!! :)

Shanna said...

LOL how cute they crack me up! Im so glad for blogging I feel like I can know your little family w- out talking o ya every day or week especially to the less active ME!

Matt N Camie Family said...

LOL too funny!! Love the things kids say!! Yuck, kissing a wormy hand is almost as bad as my buggy coke!! LOL I have written some of the things my kids have said down and wish I wrote more!! You are a great inspiration to do even more!! :)