»

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I feel the need, the need for speed!

Last week was Air Force week at Hill Air Force Base. Over the weekend they had an amazing air show that we were excited to attend! Preston had been looking forward to it for quite sometime and knew the kids would really love it, which they TOTALLY did!

Getting ready to go:

Maddie and some BIG glasses.

Striking a pose!

She really thinks she's a movie star...
Here is Dylan having a serious moment before leaving to go to Hill. Showing off his helicopter shirt, perfect for the event.

Saying "cheese" and thinking it's coming out as a normal smile!
He's too funny!

Ya, he's a stud muffin.

Here's our family at the Air show in front of an F-16 Flying Falcon.


Tim and Jessica were able to come too! We really enjoyed spending the day with them!

Looking at a big gun attached to the bottom of a helicopter. There were tons and tons
of planes and helicopters on display some of which you could go inside.

Dylan shooting down the enemy.


You never grow out of playing guns. Ok, at least Preston never did!

Boo sporting her brothers airplane jacket. Fashionably dressed for the air show.
Dylan and a missile.


Maddie and a missile.


Tom Cruise as Maverick in Top Gun. Ok, so yes, I know Maverick was a Naval Aviator. (not Air Force) Bad to the bone none the less.

Here is my future Military Aviator. He's more handsome than Tom.

Parachuters at the opening ceremony.
Look Dylan! His eyes were glued to the sky much of the time. He and Maddie really loved it! Of course we were there for like five hours, but they had just about the best attention spans any almost 2 1/2 years olds ever could. When they were not watching the planes they would dance to the music that was always playing.

Maddie and Mommy watching the show. She would scream with delight. Actually they both would. It was great to not have to worry about them being so loud. If you have never been to an air show, it can be pretty loud! (Notice Jessica's earplugs, the kids would not keep them in so I kept trying to cover their ears)

L to R:(below) A10 Warthog, C130, F-16, F-22 Raptor. Of course I did not know the identity of any of the planes, But Preston was able to tell them to me. I don't know how he keeps them straight!

F-18 Super Hornet


The Thunderbirds! Oh! They were awesome!

Pretty much all the performers would perform one right after another. When it came to the end, and the grand finale (The Thunderbirds) they made us wait a bit. Maybe to build up the suspense. They should not have waited! The rain had held off all day. It was cloudy, but we were just happy that we were not out there baking. So, it held off UNTIL the Thunderbirds. They were only about five minutes into their performance. We got rained on hard! Even a little hail. We were soaked!

Maddie and Dylan trying to hide from the rain.

Preston, Jess, Tim, Dylan, Madelyn.


So, the Tunderbirds had to stop for a bit and let the rain clear. But after a short time they were back and finished up the show, they are truly amazing!
It was a great day at the Air show and a great day spent with family. Afterwards Tim and Jess came to our house for dinner and a movie. I think Maddie has developed a little crush on her Uncle Tim! It's pretty cute, the way she would say his name all the time and walk past him and say Hi Tim and then act all shy. She has been asking about Uncle Tim for days now. Every time we tell her no or we don't do something she wants, she asks for Tim as if he's going to help her out. Awww that girl!

A tiny taste of the Air Show: I liked the planes that went fast! The "snoopy" ones that do all the cool twirls and spirals were great too!


Dylan and Maddie squealing to the Thunderbirds:


Dylan loving the Thunderbirds:





p.s. So sorry so long. I am not doing slide shows so much anymore due to the inablility to print them.

8 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

that is awesome. we wanted to go so bad but had other things going on. Brad seems to know the names of all the planes too. Why is it that they know stuff like that or other useless info but can't remember what we asked them to do. Anyway glad someone got to go have fun. Great pics. I love the clouds in them. Overcast days make for great pictures. Have you ever been up to the airplane museum? It's cool too. Maybe not as cool as the air show but cool.

Shanna said...

Fun!

Darcie said...

Looks like a blast. That would have been funny if we would have gone Sunday too. The kids are getting so big. Saturday when I was driving home Hayden and I saw all the parachuters coming down, there were a lot.
I am glad the weather didn't ruin it for you.

Darcie said...

p.s. I have never seen TopGun, aren't I sad?

Carrie said...

Darcie,
Oh that's funny that you have never seen it! I have not seen it for a long time, but it's worth a watch on a lazy Sunday or something. I did not ever see it until after I was married and it had been out for well over TEN years!

Tory Miller said...

sounds like you had a very fun day.

Allen n Teresa said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Allen would have had to "shoot the gun" too...and we don't even have kids to pretend it's for their entertainment. Lol.

Matt N Camie Family said...

I am jealous!! Looks soo fun!! :)