»

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Daddy, I may find my Prince Charming, but...

You will always be my KING!


I am so truly thankful for the men in my life.
HaPpY FaThEr'S DaY!

B.B.Q-ing on a beach in Hawaii. 2004

The first man, of course, is my DAD! I remember a Father's Day from when I was maybe about seven. Me and my sisters were making cards for my dad. I wrote on my card "I don't love you because you go to work, I love you because you're MY DAD!" Well, I thought it was a beautiful message! My sister didn't think so. She questioned me as to why I would not love Dad for working for our family. I remember being upset because she did not understand what I was trying to say. I didn't know how to articulate it at the time, but I was trying to say, no matter what I will love you, dad, because you are MY dad and you love me! I pictured us being homeless and my dad still taking care of us. Anyway, I'm not even sure I know how to articulate it now! Lol! I think that's why I love the following quote so much.
{A truly rich mans children run into his arms even when his hands are empty.}

I know it is a favorite quote of Preston's. He has told me when he is at work and does not get to see the kids for 4 days at a time how he literally dreams of that moment when he finally reunites with them and they run to him with big hugs and kisses. I think I have seen him get teary eyed about it. (Sorry honey!) For years my favorite time of the day was waiting on the front porch or in the front window waiting to see my dads work van drop him off. My dad liked to check the mail as he was being let off. We would always try and remember to leave the mail there for him. There were even a few times I can remember my mom having us put it back so dad could look forward to getting it. When my brothers were small, (all three of them did this) there was a good ten to fifteen minutes a day set aside for just after dad getting home where they would sit in dad's recliner and talk about the day. Or drive trucks and cars on dad's head, you know, things like that. :) Until it was time for dad to get up and start dinner. My dad did most the cooking. I love my dad so much. My kids love my dad too. They are always soooo excited to see PaPa. I don't know how I got so lucky to be blessed with the best dad in the world, but I did.
The next man in my life would be my husband. I always knew he would be the best father a girl (woman; me) could ask for to help raise her children. It took so many years to finally get our kids here. Everyone would always tell Preston how good of a dad he will be.
He has proved that to be 1,000% true.

September 2007
I am thankful to my father-in-law for raising such a good man. Preston's dad is a wonderful grandpa and my kids love him so much. He has always been good to me and I love him and am thankful to have him in my life.

August 2007
I am surrounded by great guys! Husband, dad's, grandpa's, brothers and brother-in-laws, uncles, cousins, neighbors, and friends. Happy Father's Day to you all! Happy Father's Day to all you Father's of the future!! xoxo.

October 2007

Dylan and Preston December 2006

Madelyn and Preston February 2007



May 2009

Oh! Daddy! What will you think up next?

8 comments:

Darcie said...

Happy Father's Day to all those great guys. You are so lucky to have these wonderful men in you and your kids lives.

Allen n Teresa said...

Yes, you are a lucky lucky gal!!! I always loved your dad, he was always so gentle and soft spoken. Preston is so cute with your kids. They are lucky to have such a good daddy, one that gets teary eyed about getting to see them...so cute!!!

Carrie said...

I just noticed that my brother jeremy is not in the picture of all those guys. of course, there are many important men left out of that picture anyway. i am pretty certian i told jer to get in that pic, and he wouldn't. :( anyway, i love ya jer, happy father's day to you!!

Carrie said...

see, what an idiot, my lil bro andy is not in it either, i may just have to remove that pic...i was just trying to salute the guys in our lives, but it did not work. of course, neither one of my grandpas is in it either, one of my grandpas has passed on, so he's off the hook. ;0

RaCeNMoMmY said...

great tribute to all the dads. also great pics. you have a really good eye. you always have great pics.

Jamie said...

That was such a wonderful tribute and such fun memories too. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Jamie Eskelson said...

I love that picture of all of the wonderful men in your life, with your babies on the blessing day. Really great. Isn't it super to be part of an extended family. Imagine when our own kids are grown, and we are the grandma's in the picture. All this hard work...it is paying off already. I love reading your blog.

Unknown said...

So funny! My grandpa used to do that with us on his quad when we were little. Good memories!!