»

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hey, Maddie, Easter was more than TWO months ago!

Oh dear, Maddie is obsessed with her plastic pink Easter egg! She has been toting it around and sleeping with it ever since Easter! I have tried to hide it, out of sight out of mind mentality. But she always remembers and asks for it. Just when a day or two has passed, something will make her think of her egg and she hunts for it and asks for it until I "find" it. "Fine 'em mama. Fine 'em!" There are actually two, which is a good thing, twice the chance of me remembering where I hid it I suppose. Maybe the garbage can would be a good place?

But really, what harm does it do? After all, she has an entourage of things we MUST take to bed! YIKES! Blanket of course, at least two babies, sometimes more if I don't get them out of sight, and her egg. Lol! Anyone who knows Maddie knows her blanket might as well be her blood. She is that attached. I think it may be time to grow her up a little, any suggestions on how to wean a kid from their blankie? Or, should I just not worry about it?

This day she was giving egg a ride in the airplane. She was even waving and saying "Bye, have a nice time!" Too silly and CUTE!


She climbed out of bed and fell asleep on the floor, but she made sure to bring egg along!



Dylan is a BIG teaser! This is him stealing the egg while sitting in his sisters car seat. Sometimes he INSISTS on riding in hers. Pointing at it he will say, "This one, this one!" So, sure, why not? I should have just got them both the same, Dylan's is a nice black that matches the cars interior. I think if I could do some stuff over, I would just buy a lot of their stuff the same, instead of buying the "girl one, and boy one" . Dylan rides the little pink 4-wheeler most the time and etc. I bet he will get to a point where he won't want to be caught dead in a pink car seat!

{Just a side note: BTW, they have the Britax Marathon car seats. I got them as soon as they were old/big enough for front facing (one year old) They are the BEST!! I highly recommend them!! In Preston's car, Dylan's is a Cosco Alpha-Omega. Awesome as well! Highly recommend either of these, for anyone researching them.}

10 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

I have no idea's on weaning them from their blankies. Shelby is 4 & still attached to her's & Race has a teddy that he's still very attached to. I think in someways it's good. It makes them feel safe if they have a bad dream or if they are sick they have comfort. I know at some point I will have to draw a line but for now, oh well.
I bought Shelby a girly booster seat & now wish I had just bought one like Race's too. Cuz when Race is done with his, it may go to Kamryn & then one of them will have a girly one & the other wont. may have to re-cover it or hope one doesn't care by then.

Darcie said...

I say let her keep the blanket. They are only little for such a short time and eventually they will grow out of it. I can't believe how thick her hair has gotten.
Hayden had the alpha omega seat and I had a hard time getting rid of it, because I thought it was the greatest.

LacyAsher#1 said...

I know what you mean.... Jordyn has to have at least two animals sleeping with her, if not more!!

Allen n Teresa said...

I don't know anything about raising kids but Sam had his blanky until it literally fell apart. Still he cried when mom said enough is enough, I'm finding pieces all over the house, it's garbage time. My thought is...it's not hurting anything. I wish I had something material to cling to that would make me feel safe and comfy.

steph said...

I think it's funny that she is that attached to the egg. It really is not a big deal to have a comfort thing or two or three. Think of it this way she won't be taking her blanket or egg on her first date. lol. Just an F.Y.I. you have a lot longer with your dog, I am counting the days down!

JaNae said...

I say if Maddie likes to tote around her pink Easter eggs so be it, I think it's cute...same thing for the blankie....as long as something isn't dangerous I say let them have it :) I tote my cell phone around...it's kinda like a pink Easter Egg :)
As for the Britax carseat...I too had one for Miss Jozie and I LOVED that thing, I was sad when she outgrew it. Our new bundle of joy will have one too...it was the only carseat she couldn't figure out how to "escape" from :) Plus she loved being up so high with a wonderful view. Worth every penny.

Tyson Chamberlain said...

Hi Carrie! Thanks for the comments!! As funny as it sounds, food is my passion!! I would love to have my own catering business and that's definitely what I am working towards! :)
I love your new patriotic background, and I love how you always have music to match your background!! SO FUN!!

Shanna said...

So cute! she is so funny! gotta love them!

Tory Miller said...

Oh cute little Maddie. I love the egg thing. It's co cute. And I say you shouldn't worry about the blankie. Let her love it till she can't anymore. I think it's cute when little kids are attached to things. My nephew has a blankie that he loves. It's so cute because he loves to sniff it. And if you are lucky he will share a sniff with you. Kyri totes around this giraffe we got her from the zoo. Kids are so funny.

Matt N Camie Family said...

I still have a blanket and always will!! It is a comfort when I am sick and not feeling well or just feeling crabby. I LOVE blankets!! I have been through a few since Matt and I got married and my sisters still have them too! I don't tote it around all the time anymore so I don't think it's unhealthy right!?!? LOL