My friend Lacy tagged me. The name of the game? Name six unspectacular things about yourself. Here goes...
6 unspectacular things
1) I hate hamburgers and all ground beef.
2) I just (like TODAY) started the Twilight series. Hey, I am only about 2 or 3 years behind every other girl/lady in all of Utah. That's what having two young kids will do to ya ;)
3) I have been watching the soap opera "All My Children" since kindergarten or before. I remember watching it w/ my mom while my older sisters were all at school. I remember watching it with her as I would wait for the bus to go to kindergarten. I was an afternoon student. I am pretty sure my mom no longer watches. But every summer I would watch, then at work on lunch breaks. Now, I only catch maybe 15-20 minutes a week. But, it's usually enough to keep ya caught up. And, in case anyone is wondering, I also watch Days (again, about 15 min. a week) and One Life to Live (occasionally). There is a story line on ONLTL about adoption, so it has my attention right now, otherwise I would not be watching it at all. Make no mistake, I don't waste life away eating bon bons and soap operas. Sorry, just had to add that for my own peace of mind. I don't want anyone painting the wrong picture ;)
4) I am afraid of dogs and snakes. The dog part has gotten better over the past few years, but the snakes-getting worse.
5) I am a fan of talk radio. My favorite? Glenn Beck of course :)
6) I consider myself to be a low maintenance girl. I have never had a pedicure in my whole life! Oh ya, one I have given myself, all the time. But no professional.
OK, so that was it, in all it's unspectacular glory. you know what's sad, I could think of like way more than six. Am I really that unspectacular? ;) If ya want, post on your blog, it would be FUN! Tag you are it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A kind lady...Tender Mercy.
So, today I was loading the kids into the car after a short trip to the grocery store for some plain yogurt (see below) And, as I was backing out of my parking stall, in my rear view mirror, I saw a lady dart behind my car. For a second I was confused. But then I saw her quickly pushing my cart out of the way so I would not hit it. I had not remembered the cart was back there, what made her so sure I would see her! Anyway, I rolled down my window and told her I was "loosing it" and over thanked her. She was very kind, and said "your welcome" and I went on my way. Whew, thanks goodness for my little good Samaritan today! NOW, get this, later this (same) evening, I had to make a run to JC Penney. After I loaded the kids back in, the stall in front of me was open, so I pulled thru. Turning to exit the parking lot, there I saw it in my rear view mirror. I had left my expensive stroller in the parking lot just behind where my car had been parked! DUH!!! Thank FREAKING goodness that stall in front of me was open or I would have plowed it right over I am sure. Holy crap I AM loosing it! I got two words for ya. Tender Mercy. I think I forced my guardian angel to work overtime today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight's dinner? Yogurt soaked breaded chicken tenders.
I got this idea off the Pioneer Woman's site. If you have never checked it out, she is really funny and has great pictures and recipes. Mine is a little different, she uses drumsticks.
To plain yogurt add finely chopped garlic (or garlic powder) parsley, and lemon juice. Mix. Add chicken tenders and let soak for several hours in fridge. Put panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl, season w/ a little salt and thoroughly coat chicken. Place chicken in a buttered dish. Place a little pat of butter on each piece. Bake for 20 minutes on 350. Then broil for 1-5 minutes to make the tops golden. WATCH CLOSELY! You can do breasts too, just alter cooking time.
* I did not measure anything, just do to your liking.
The Pioneer woman turned me on to the Panko bread crumbs. Yum. She says she buys them at Wal-mart. I could not find them there. I bought them at Smith's. I like them because it gives it a kind of fried feel even tho it's baked. I really like fried food :( That's bad. Just ask my muffin top :(
http://thepioneerwoman.com/









5 comments:
People really are genuinely good. And Ok I'm a little embarassed but I'm going to admit it, I have watched Days since I was like 12! Sometimes I'm not sure why as the plot can be kinda cheesy. Although like you, since I've had kids I only have gotten to see it like you said 20 minutes a week or so. However, ever since Talan started crawling I really haven't seen it at all! I tried to watch it the other day for a second and was so lost. Maybe you could catch me up, or maybe it's finally time for me to move on. :)
I am so excited for you! You are going to LOVE the Twilight series. I finished Breaking Dawn about 2 weeks ago. I LOVE that series. Just to warn you though....it is very addicting. I think I was partially in love with Edward at one time. :)
Anyhow, if you need Eclipse or Breaking Dawn...I have the copies. (They are the last two books in the series)
I wanna try that chicken, it looks real good.
I have been a Day's fan forever too. I never watch it anymore, but I love Allison Sweeny. I had just been wikipediing some of the Days cast and I was sad to read that it said that Days is going to end in 2009. It has been on for like 35 years. But nobody watches it anymore, probably cuz all the stay-at-home mom's are now at work. So sad.
I love how the mouse turns into a leaf. How did you do that? By the way, that quiz about the Twilight series on my blog doesn't give anything away about the books. It is just about you, to see who you are most like.
I must be weird, I started reading the Twilight series and was just plain bored...I still can't figure out what all the hype is about. I still have the first book if you want it....I never finished it.
I am trying your recipe for yogurt chicken soon, I bought the yogurt already and everything :)
Post a Comment