»

Thursday, August 21, 2008

4 things...& garden slideshow, share your recipes


Tag, I'm It! My friend Lacy (love yr Face) tagged me, so here it is.

~4 people I Love: Preston, Dylan, Maddie, & YOU!
~4 places I visit over and over: My mailbox, Smith's, Target, and My Kitchen.
~4 places I love to eat: Thai Siam, Carabbas, Iceberg, & Sampan.
~4 favorite foods: Homemade bread, Chicken Marsala, Artichokes, & Chocolate.
~4 places I'd rather be: Hawaii, Italy, Tahiti, private tropical island.
~4 things I'd rather be doing: reading a good book, shopping w/ an unlimited amount of $, eating a gourmet meal, relaxing on a beach.
~4 Movies I watch over and over: I don't ever watch movies anymore, but when I did, Tombstone, Princess Bride, Steel Magnolias, & She's Having a Baby.
~4 TV shows I watch over and over: Big Brother, Friends, American Idol, Lost
~4 Bands I love: Depeche Mode, U2, Carrie Underwood, Tori Amos. just to name 4
~4 Songs I love: A New Day (Celine Dion) My Wish (Rascal Flatts) Over the Rainbow (Iz) Policy of Truth (Depeche Mode) just to name 4
~4 people that I tag: You, yourself, the person you see in the mirror (better be you), and everybody.
_________________________________________________
This is a slide show of stuff from my garden. Do you have a recipe, or just a favorite way to prepare your garden crops that you would like to share? Leave me a comment
p.s. i guess i got the spaghetti and the banana squash mixed up in the slide show, sorry 'bout that.
click the x in the right hand corner of this box to re-play slide

9 comments:

Lisa said...

That was sweet of you to comment on our blog! I love your garden shots. I wish ours was doing that well, but it is not thriving this year. My dad and I warked the soil, tilled it and stirred in a lot of compost, but we think the soil was just to compacted deep down. If I served cucumber salad for dinner, Shawn would cry his eyes out. I made soup tonight, I think he nearly left the house in tears. Poor guy. Does Preston eat that? You guys should come for dinner, or vice versa. Our AC is on the fritz, not so fun to be here in the evening. It would be fun!

Carrie said...

Preston was not home when I had that cucumber salad, the next day he pulled the leftovers out of the fridge w/ a not good look on his face. Oh, and the soup thing, Preston feels the exact same way about it as Shawn! Guys are very meat and potatoes for the most part I guess. We should so totally get together sometime :)

Anonymous said...

I have a really good recipe for zucchini, I will email it to you. I made it the other night with zuc's from TaNeal's garden and even Jozie who is anti-zucchini LOVED it :)

Mindy said...

I love Artichokes too! I am the only one in my family that likes them so I don't eat them very often becuase every one else complains...especially Chad. You HAVE to try the Papa Murpheys Chicken Bacon Artichoke delite pizza...it is HEAVENLY. My favorite pizza EVER.

Darcie said...

Go Dave Gahan and Bono, they are the men. So I am not a reader, but have you read Twilight? Jer & I are reading it now.

Darcie said...

Twilight is really good. Believe it or not, I have never read a novel before. This is my first and it is really good. My goal is to have it read before the movie comes out Thanksgiving weekend. Jeremy can't put it down, so I am trying to read when he doesn't have it. You should read it next. Reading 4 500 page books really scares me though, I have ADD.

Darcie said...

ok, I just saw your garden slideshow and I think that your vegetables need to be checked for performance enhancing substances. I know you said you put in a dead fish, but come one. Your garden has to be on steriods. I will never be posting pictures of my garden, because you would be able to tell it was a garden :-(
p.s. I might need that cucumber salad recipe

Anonymous said...

Where do you get your cute blog backgounds......yours are always so cute.
Unless its a trade secret and you will have to kill me if you tell me...I don't wanna die just yet :)

erin said...

Carrie, I am so impressed with your garden vegetables. They all look so good. I also love your taste in music. Policy of Truth is one of my favorite songs, and I love pretty much anything by Depeche Mode.