»

Saturday, August 16, 2008

That's some good cake!


Last Sunday, my sister Amy and her family were here from out of state. We had a get together at my sister Julie's house. It was great hanging out with the fam. But what was really great was Julie's Cake! She always makes the best stuff. I made it yesterday because I have not stopped thinking about it since Sunday. It is an almond cake, so for all you almond, cake, nut lovers this is a must try. It really is a very simple recipe. enjoy!



Almond White Texas Sheet Cake
1c. butter
1c.water
2c.flour
2 eggs beaten 2c.sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1tsp.almond extract
1tsp. baking soda
1tsp. salt ( I did like 3/4tsp.)

Bring water to boil. Stir in flour,sugar eggs beaten. Add remaining ingredients. Mix till smooth. Pour into greased cookie sheet. Bake 375 for 20-22 min.
**when I made it, I put the butter in with the water and let come to a boil, it worked out just fine.



Frosting:
1/4 c.milk
1/2 c.butter
3 to 4 cups powder sugar
1/2-1tsp of almond flavoring

Boil milk and butter. Add powder sugar and almond extract. Mix well and spread over warm cake. You can sprinkle with nuts (pecan, walnut) or sprinkles.






Dylan climbed into this bowl of water where he remained for sometime...he's a silly kid! I had taken Maddie into the house to wash off her hands. She got upset cause she wanted to play in the water. Julie decided to spoil her a little and bring her some water to play in. As soon as Dylan saw it, he hopped right in.




4 comments:

Mindy said...

mmmmm....cake. That really does look so yummy. I would probably massacre the recipe though. I am not much of a dessert maker. Maybe with time I'll get better...who knows. That is cute of Dylan sitting in the bowl of water. I swear....water could keep my kids entertained for HOURS. My kids favorite toy is a squirt bottle...seriously they will play outside FOREVER just squirting anything they can find. They especially like to squirt the bugs. Poor bugs.

Darcie said...

I will definetly have to try that cake. It looks very good. We were sorry we missed the event, but what do you do?

Jamie said...

YUM! I am such a cake/sugar lover it's not even funny! We will definitely have to try it. Your little Dylan is so cute. I love that picture of him. What a doll.

Caralee said...

Looks sooooo yummy. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it! Love the photo of Dylan in the bowl too. Precious.