»

Friday, March 6, 2009

Choose Adoption...

I saw these stories on Fox 13 News today and Just wanted to share them. I am not a huge news watcher and always make fun of Preston for wanting to watch hours of news. I usually call him "grandpa" when he does this! I am however, a huge fan of Dateline, 20/20, 48 hours. Just not your local news. Can't explain it, don't know why...? I do like Big Budah in the mornings, but still rarely ever watch it. I am usually watching Reading Rainbow and Clifford the Big Red Dog! :) Plus, my kids don't get up until 8:30, so I be lazy and wait till then to get up as well. :( or :) however you want to look at it.

These stories are less than 4 minutes combined, so they won't take too much time if interested.


So, I am sad the Choose Adoption Plate did not pass. I would have SO wanted that one. But, a Choose life one is great also.


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you ARE a REAL person upon conception. That's my view anyway. Always has been always will be. Of course a fetus can feel pain. And fear. And love. And rejection. As a mother who has two adopted children (you have heard me say 100 times I never think of them that way, they are mine-period. I will NEVER forget that they are adopted, but yet, I always forget.) I know my views on this subject are passionate. I am EXTREMELY grateful for the blessing of adoption. These children are perfect and beautiful. Their birth moms were brave and selfless. I can not even try to think of what this world or my life would be without them. No one else is like them, no on ever will be. Abortion would have taken life from them and from me. They are my life. I promise I am a well rounded person, but you know what I mean. There is nothing more important to a mother than her kids.

I saw this video on You tube a few weeks ago, I thought it went well with this post.

I know that the decision to place a child for adoption is not an easy one. It is probably the toughest decision and toughest thing to do that the girl or boy will ever have to face. I would never judge a mother who decided to keep her baby. I realize it is not something that every potential birth mom would choose. I think that education about choices is the big key here! LDS Family Services is big on education and letting the birth parents make their own decision. That is a wonderful thing. The only way to do it. (abortion NOT being one of the choices, of course)

2007 abortion statistics:

There are about 3,700, every DAY in the US. That equates to 1.37 MILLION per YEAR. Worldwide, there are approximately 46 MILLION per YEAR.
Only 1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest. 6% occurs because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child. 93% of all abortions, performed in the US, are for social reasons.

Just think of what 46 million could do for the adoption world! Does it bug anyone else that the words abortion and adoption so closely resemble one another?


9 comments:

Carrie said...

When i said my kids are perfect, I don't mean perfect angles (sometimes, but rare) :) i mean they are perfect FOR ME. really, is there any better kind of perfect?


p.s. no, no, not perfect for me behavior wise...they ARE perfect for their daddy though. i guess they know how to walk all over mom? i mean perfect for my life, for our family, ya, know...perfect for me :)

Jamie said...

I agree with you 110%! What very lucky kids to have such a wonderful mom like you. Oh, and I long for the days when we can be lazy again, but now that we are in school, I don't think it will ever happen again! Enjoy it, while you can.

Jamie Eskelson said...

Carrie,
What a darling blog and what a beautiful family you have. Thanks for giving me your address...feel free to look anytime.
I'm so glad you have these sweet children, really being a Mom is indeed amazing. Thanks for letting me read.

Anonymous said...

I also agree 100% about your feelings on adoption. You have two litle miracles that will forever and will always be yours. I think you guys have such a grat story, on how your little family came to be! Your little ones are definitely very, very lucky to have you as a MoThEr!!

Allen n Teresa said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! Just the word abortion makes my blood boil and stomach churn. I do feel sorry for the people who decide to play God and take life away from babies. If there was just some way to educate them...or beat the idea out of their head. lol

Christina said...

What a great blog! As an adopted child and as a birth grandmother, I too wish there was no such word as "abortion". Adoption is such a beautiful gift of love. I would so have loved a "Choose Adoption" license plate. Although Holly and I both would have to switch monthly between "No More Homeless Pets" and "Choose Adoption" plates! lol

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie! It was great seeing you guys the other day! That was so random, but I always love seeing you guys! :) Dustin and I finally have a blog so come check it out! :) dustinandbethany.blogspot.com. I love this blog btw. Adoption is SUCH a special thing, and it seems to always get a bad rap. :(

RaCeNMoMmY said...

i totally agree with you. my sister & her husband have been trying to adopt for sometime now, it is a long process & wait time. and very emotional as well. as i'm sure you know.

RaCeNMoMmY said...

okay so i commented before i watch the youtube interview you put on there. i bawled, i still am. what an amazing girl. i've never been involved in the process but had friends that were. one of my friends decided in the hospital after the "to be adopted parents" met the baby to keep it & one friend who went through with it. this was years ago, well high school, anyway. just by seeing them & knowing them today, i can tell you the friend that went through with it, she knows without a doubt it was the right thing to do. she now is happily married & has two wonderful little boys. my other friend married the babys dad a few years after the fact & they have another one together but i feel they were married because of the baby. and that they aren't as happy as they could be.