»

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whoa, three birthday celebrations!

Dylan turned two this past Sunday. I can't believe it! Time has flown. Dylan's birth grandma did a very beautiful post on her blog about the day Dylan was born. With her permission I have put a link here to share it with all of you. It was very touching to me. If you have a minute, you should read it. I am so proud of Dylan's birth mom and love her so much.
{Dylan's birth mom.
This was taken the first time we met her. October 2006.}
Dylan was lucky enough to have three birthday celebrations! Preston worked the night of his birthday. We gave him some presents earlier in the day while Preston was still home and then went over to my mom and dad's that night. When we first got there my dad was waiting on the front porch for us to get there. It was cute, I love the way my dad gets excited to see the grand kids. Then when we went into the house, my mom had put up crape paper and a happy birthday banner. It was sweet.
Dylan and Maddie helped grandma make some birthday cupcakes. We sang to him and he blew out the candles. See video at bottom of post. It was funny, because I had no idea Dylan knew how to blow out the candles. I guess he's been to enough parties to see how it's done. ;)
We then went and delivered some cupcakes to Tim and Jess and then Lindy and Dan and cousins. On the way home, we looked at Christmas lights. The kids thought that was pretty cool, and had long attention spans for a two year old and a 23 month old. There is this house by my mom and dad's that has the lights to music. That's pretty awesome. I'd love to do that to my house someday. I imagine it's expensive though.
{My amateur cake decorating.
I made this cake twice, one for each family party.
Preston put the trucks and dirt on.}
On Tuesday we had a party with Preston's family. On Wednesday night we had one with my side. Dylan made out like a bandit with some great gifts!
Dylan got some money for his mission fund, lots of fun hot wheels cars, shake and go cars, wooden blocks, p.j.'s, Buzz light year, wooden puzzle, pull along puppy, big fire engine, bucket of dinosaurs, clothes, and a big crawl through tunnel. Whoa, this kid is spoiled!
Thanks SO much everybody for all the great gifts. I am really not kidding when I say Dylan ABSOLUTELY LOVES them ALL!

Watch this video, it's cute :) ummm, ya, I know I can't sing. a talent I was not blessed with. Maybe in the here after. lol.
I have taken so many pictures of Dylan and of his parties over the past few days. These are just some of them...

9 comments:

J said...

Carrie-
My name is Jenny, and I am Jessica Newcomb's cousin (our dad's are brothers). I remember Jess telling me about her sister-in-law that adopted two babies a month apart, what a great story! My husband and I adopted a baby girl in September. What a miracle adoption is! I saw on your blog that you are going private and I was wondering if I could still keep up with you and your cute family! ... if that isn't too weird for you!!! Feel free to check out my blog if you'd like!
Jenny
jennyhill213@hotmail.com

Lisa said...

I still want to keep in touch thorugh the blog too. Put me down. lisapeck@gmail.com
Dylan is adorable! I love the construction cake.

Darcie said...

What a celebration you guys had. I love the cake you did a great job. The video was very cute of him blowing out the candles. He is such a happy boy.

JaNae said...

Man.... you guys sure do know how to make a cute cake!!! That truck cake is darling! I love the "dirt" what a cute idea.

Thanks for the cupcakes last night, Jozie was VERY excited to eat hers. You guys are awesome, thanks!

Carrie said...

when i say lights to music...I mean they blink to the beat of the music. like the lights are dancing.

The Tracys said...

Looks like Dylan had a fun birthday! Maddie's bow is so cute! Great job! I love Dylan's cake- such a cute idea!

Caralee said...

What a fun birthday for such a handsome little man! I can't believe he is two. Where does the time go? I am still in denial that my baby turned two in October. Oh, and I totally want an invite to your blog when you make the change.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cool! he is so dang cute

Tiffany said...

You are the cutest mom Carrie! Your kids are so blessed to have such amazing parents! I read Dylan's grandma's post and bawled my eyes out! Looks like he had an awesome birthday and an amazing cake! You should be a professional cake decorator!