»

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Madelyn Rose!

Madelyn is two today! Hooray! I just got her birthday pictures done yesterday and have not gotten them back yet, so we are going to take a trip down memory lane.
I'll be posting those as soon as I get them.

This picture was taken the day she was born. She has a little bit of a smashed nose as you can see :) I think she had her face pressed pretty hard because her nose remained like that for a good two weeks after! At first I was wondering if that was just the way her nose was? Then it bounced back up! Maddie has the cutest little nose!

This is our first family picture. It was taken in the hospital the day Mad was born. I have posted this pic a few times. I love it. I was able to be in the delivery room when she was born. Guess what? So was Dylan! Yep, he was right there in the excitement :) Preston was right outside the door and came in seconds after. Maddie's birth mom was so great. I hope if I ever give birth I can be as graceful about it as she was. I love her so much and think of her pretty much daily. There is a beautiful little verse about adoption I really love.
It goes like this:
Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my
bone, but still, miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute, you
didn’t grow under my heart, but in it.

So here is Maddie at about 2 weeks. See, a perfect little nose ;)

Maddie and Mommy.
Did you ever see such beautiful eyes!

Madelyn is a TOTAL Daddy's girl. It is adorable.

When she was One.

Enjoying some ice cream. (about 18 mo. old)

Madelyn is such a joy to our family. She loves babies and dollies, doggies, and horses. Oh, and she loves Elmo! She's a great little eater for a toddler. Her favorites are mac and cheese and mandarin oranges. Oh how she LOVES those oranges! She's my little lefty (left handed). She is CRAZY in love with her blanket.


Dylan and Maddie 6 and 7 months

Madelyn, we love you sooo much! Dylan loves having you as a little sister! He teases you and steals your blankie (and runs off) because he loves you! ;) He always brings it back laughing while you cry out, (arms raised) "blanket! blanket!" As I have been looking at pictures, deciding what ones to post, my heart aches with love for the two of you. Everyday I can not imagine loving you guys any more than I do. Everyday I DO love you more. I love my family fiercely. Happy birthday Baby Rose!

p.s. Madelyn has many nick names.
I have been meaning to post them so that if I forget
to write them down I'll have them here.
I guess now is a good time.

Maddie
Maddie Boo
Boo
Boofy
Boofinator
Boofy Boo
Mad
Mads
Baby Boo
Baby Rose

That's all I can think of at this late hour. If I can remember any others I'll add them. You get the jest :) Oh, ya, and there is "boot". That one refers to her "back end" . Maybe I should retire that one. Sorry, she has a cute bum!

9 comments:

Caralee said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! All those pictures are so adorable. And you always have such beautiful things to say about your family. It makes me want to hug mine a little tighter today. Thanks for sharing.

Darcie said...

What a cutie! Happy 2nd Birthday! Two is such a great age for discovery, they love so many things. Love the picture with the blue eyed girl shirt, too cute.

Lisa said...

She is so adorable! What a beautiful thing.

The Tracys said...

Maddie is so cute! Hope she has a fun birthday. I love her new bangs. She looks so big! I have had such a hard time with Isabelle turning 2 because it seems like such a milestone, and I just want her to be my baby. I think you know exactly what I mean! She's beautiful!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie! You are a joy to your family and to all who watch you grow :o)

JaNae said...

Maddie is a lefty!!! I think we might be the only 2 in our family...that I am aware of anyway :)
Left handed people rock! We are really the only ones in our "right mind".
Happy B-day Maddie!

JaNae said...

Just as an FYI for Maddie..... Left handers only make-up about 4 percent of the population and included some very interesting people such as Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci, Joan of Arc, Angelina Jolie, Marilyn Monroe, Jimi Hendrix and seven US Presidents!

Yeah, we know we are special...even if we cant use scissors very well :)

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Oh boo!! she is such a sweetheart! I love her to death! She was pretty dang cute last night! love you guys!

Darcie said...

I am so glad that she likes the skirt. I was worried that it was maybe too soon and that I should've waited a year.