Saturday, February 21, 2009
Valentine's Weekend
The weekend of Valentines my sister Amy, her husband James, and kids came to stay with us. They live in Wyoming. They have three kids, Nathanial (15) Ryan (13) and Brittany (11) It was probably a great get away from the mountain of snow that they live in and just a break from everyday life. That's why I enjoyed it so much. Winter gets ya feeling cooped up so the change of pace was nice. They live near Yellowstone where James is a police chief and Amy is a teacher. It is beautiful there in Star Valley. But I think the winters can get ya down. :(
We gave the kids potato heads for Valentines. This picture is not great. But, they actually really liked them and played with them for hours that day. Dylan really likes to build things and Maddie likes anything with pieces so this was perfect for them. You can see in the background all the boys playing with Dylan's Geo tracks. I must say that is one of the best investments I have made as far as kids toys. Dylan loves it, Madelyn loves it, and so do 30 something year olds ! :)
Here is a pic of Britt out playing in the snow with my kids and Brody. She was such a good little helper to me while she was here. I was even ready for church an hour early. I dare say that has not happened in a few years! Maddie really clung to her it was sweet. Dylan loved having all the buddies to play with for the weekend. All the kids helped me with my rascals so much. It was great. Thank You!
Me and Preston even got to go out for the evening on Valentines. Amy and the clan was so sweet to offer to watch the kids while we went. We went to eat at the Outback. Then like a couple of old folks went to Barnes and Noble afterwards. Where Preston browsed thru investment properties books and magazines and I read several chapters of a book about President Lincoln's wife. What a couple of nerds! :) Earlier that day most the girls in my family got together for lunch at my mom's house. It was great chatting and laughing. Thanks Preston for staying with the kids! My love, My Valentine. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
It sounds like the weekend with the Phillips went well. I bet it was so nice to get out, just the two of you. You guys deserve it.
Preston, Ummmmmm...I don't think investment properties would be a good choice right now...call me crazy. Don't you remember how Dad was a landlord and it made him crazy...don't say I didn't warn ya :) Unless of course you hire a management company to handle all the legal and crappy situations, then maybe it would be a good idea....in my opinion anyway :)
Post a Comment