The hair is the richest ornament of women.
~Martin Luther
Ahhh, better.
Jess had it in a cute faux hawk. But this is undone.
Ok, so I will not deny for a minute that I blog about weird things. I have been contemplating starting another one that's made private just for me so I can put my strange thoughts and ramblings. Maybe I should just get into gear and start writing in my journal again. Until then, blogging is my journal. Since we are on the subject of hair I am going to take you on a journey back. This journey only goes back a few years. Any further and it would be too scary! Crazy perms, tall TALL hair, and bad home bleach jobs. This above picture was taken in May of 2005. That's my niece EmmaLee. This is the day her lil sis was born and we were hanging around her house waiting. This is how I picture myself. It's who I think I am. And what I look like in my mind. I am blond. I am tan. I have long hair.
Blond. Tan. Long hair.
Shortly after that pic of me and EmmaLee was taken in Yellowstone, I colored my hair dark. A lot of people think this is closer to my real hair color b/c my eyebrows are so dark. My eyebrows have always been real dark. When I was a pre-teen I had an aunt insist that I used eyebrow pencil on them since my hair was blond and my brows dark. My hair has gone a lot darker since then. No doubt I am not a blond any longer. I am light brown. I loved this transition form light to dark. It made my eyes stand out and was good for my skin complexion. Honestly, this was a dark period of my life. It was right before I found out about my son.(that we were finally going to be able to start our family!) We had been thru so much. Emotionally I was drained. We had been picked and then the baby passed away. We had been picked again by a flip flopper who decided to keep the baby, we had several other girls interested in us that decided to keep or place with someone else. I think there were 4 serious "almosts" and then other inquiries that were not as serious. It all took a toll. I wonder if the dark hair was just my state of mind...But, after the sun came back out, and my babies were born I kept the dark hair b/c I rather liked it. By the way, every moment of heart beak and utter despair were one million percent worth it. I would not change my journey or the outcome for all the gold in the world.
Shortly after that pic of me and EmmaLee was taken in Yellowstone, I colored my hair dark. A lot of people think this is closer to my real hair color b/c my eyebrows are so dark. My eyebrows have always been real dark. When I was a pre-teen I had an aunt insist that I used eyebrow pencil on them since my hair was blond and my brows dark. My hair has gone a lot darker since then. No doubt I am not a blond any longer. I am light brown. I loved this transition form light to dark. It made my eyes stand out and was good for my skin complexion. Honestly, this was a dark period of my life. It was right before I found out about my son.(that we were finally going to be able to start our family!) We had been thru so much. Emotionally I was drained. We had been picked and then the baby passed away. We had been picked again by a flip flopper who decided to keep the baby, we had several other girls interested in us that decided to keep or place with someone else. I think there were 4 serious "almosts" and then other inquiries that were not as serious. It all took a toll. I wonder if the dark hair was just my state of mind...But, after the sun came back out, and my babies were born I kept the dark hair b/c I rather liked it. By the way, every moment of heart beak and utter despair were one million percent worth it. I would not change my journey or the outcome for all the gold in the world.The state of my hair at the time my babes were born.
Getting longer!
February 2009
Today. February 21 2009.
Actually trimmed a bit since the above picture in June.
Chopped her all off! But I probably did not let Jessica cut enough. I am an idiot when it comes to styling my hair. This picture reminds me of that episode of Friends when Phoebe cuts Monica's hair and she says she looks like Dudley Moore. I feel like I look like Dudley Moore. Of course no fault of any ones, just my lack of knowing how to do my own hair.
October 2008
Shortest my hair has ever been. It was shaved what I call "boy short" in the back. I regret not getting a picture of the back. It was a lot shorter than what you can tell in this picture. I actually love dark, dark hair in a dramatic A-line and with a lot of attitude. Maybe someday I will try that. I just missed pulling it back into a ponytail too much. And of course, there is that problem of not being capable of styling my own hair! :) My hair is just pretty slow growin so it is hard to go back and forth the way some people can in a years time.
30th birthday. Enough said.
But I LOVED this.
Probably no one really read all that blah, blah, BLAH! But, what do you think: Long, Short, Dark, Light? Now the tan, that needs to make a come back to this white skin no matter what. And yes, your hair should not be long unless it is healthy. That's why I had to chop it off. I think getting older has made my hair is significantly drier :*(
It is foolish to tear one's hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less with baldness?
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices.
~Shana Alexander














11 comments:
i have loved every hair cut you have had. You are so cute that they all look really good on you. I really like it dark though, it was drastic, but way cute.
I have always obsessed over my hair too and thought of it like Little Women's Jo, my one true beauty! I always had LONG, thick hair and once it got cut, I have never had the patience to grow it all back. Your hair always looks very cute and very stylish--any color or cut you choose!:)
Yes, I read it all :-) My favorite is the May 08 picture. That cut is very cute on you. I really like you with light hair. The new color looks great.
So, where to you get hair skills? I need some. Is it something you are naturally good at? Does your mom teach you? I wish I knew. I am lacking in that department too.
You always look so cute, your hair is just an accessory.
i love your new do=) beautiful pics & especially love the last one. oh & as far as your blog being your journal, that's how i feel about mine too. post about how you feel & about what you want, don't worry what others might think. your a great blogger & i love reading your blog & it's helped me get to know you better=)
I like all of your hair styles. You are so pretty that it doesn't matter what style you choose - they all flatter you. I like your hair now, too. Its different but seems to fit your stage of life. :o)
Oh Carrie!! I did read the whole thing also!! And I also love the May 2008 picture but for some reason don't remember it ever being that short. Maybe I didn't really see you that much around then or something. But I agree with everyone else to with your hair always being cute!! Your hair looks really cute now to!! xoxo
At least you have the guts to try new things, I have had the same hair style(minus the new bangs circa 2007) since my terrible short hair expereince in 7th grade!
Your hair always looks cute, and I like it dar or light....ok maybe I like dark better....I wonder where that bias comes from :)
I LOVE Dylan's cheesy smile, that kid cracks me up!
Hey carrie to get the reactions at the end of your posts you go to cutomize and then where the big box is that says blog posts you hit edit and then you add it there. I think they are pretty cute too.
Carrie,
I actually did read the whole thing, you are a great writter. Now for your hair...I like it anyway, you can pull off a lot of different looks ( people like me can't) So enjoy trying new things! Love ya tons!!!
I have a hard time deciding which I like best because you look gorgeous no matter what! I think it's fun to change it every time. I am always jealous of anyone who can grow their hair long and have it look good because mine is so fine and will probably never be past my shoulders again. :( I love the red/pink color! I have been thinking of doing that next time. We'll see if I am brave enough. :)
I can't believe you ever didn't like your hair I've always been so envious of your hair because it was always perfect and beautiful. I must say though I like the longer hair and darker. And I really did like your turning 30 color!!!
Anywho, I'd love to say more but gotta run! :)
Post a Comment