
So, I heard about this on Good Things Utah this morning and thought, hmmm very interesting. They said that MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are coming to Utah for a concert together and it's the only one they have planned. Why would you come to Utah for your first and only concert together? Are we really that geeky in Utah? Well, I say YES WE ARE! I'll admit it, I was totally a Hammer and Ice fan! I was a teenager of the 90's. I have the dark eyeliner and hair sprayed crispy hair to prove it and am proud of it! Haha! :0
Breaking News! MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are joining forces for a one-night-only joint show. “Hammer Pants and Ice” goes down Friday, February 27, 2009, at 8:00 p.m. at the McKay Events Center in Orem, Utah.
We can’t possibly answer the inevitable “why” question, but here’s how it will all go down: Hammer is bringing 24 dancers and a full choir; Ice is bringing … himself as far as we can tell. It is evidently the pair’s first show together since the early 1990s, when both were whole-scale radio stars.
We can’t possibly answer the inevitable “why” question, but here’s how it will all go down: Hammer is bringing 24 dancers and a full choir; Ice is bringing … himself as far as we can tell. It is evidently the pair’s first show together since the early 1990s, when both were whole-scale radio stars.
So what will happen later this month in Utah? Anyone willing to shell out $29.50 for general admission floor or $35.50 for reserved seating will find out.
They are saying 80's dress is strongly encouraged (They were actually early 90's?) I say sounds like a rockin good time!
Word to yer mother! (FYI phrase coined by Vanilla Ice)











12 comments:
I saw the same thing this morning while watching Good Things Utah. I use to love listening to my sisters vanilla ice cd! ICE ICE BABY!!! And in high school one day while sluffing and going up to the canyon me and my friends replayed CAN'T TOUCH THIS over and over to learn the words. I still could sing the first few verses of that song today. Sad but true! Total flash back and i really don't understand why they picked Utah either.
You crack me up! I saw this on a billboard off the freeway and Kaitlyn and I chuckled about it, wondering who would go see them. I guess we know now! ;o)
Okay Carrie so I am so glad that I am not alone. My friends made fun of me when I said I wanted to go to there concert so bad. I even had MC Hammer pants. LOL!!! I love them. Stole you music!!!
you're awesome=] i love this post & right now my husband & i are jamming to your play list. we talked about going but guess not. it would have been awesome to re-live the good ol' days.
I couldn't believe this either when I heard they were coming. Why Utah?
All I can say is "Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em" and now Utah will finally know "What it's like having a Roni"
If you wanna see something really funny, go to youtube and look up Jim Carrey impersonating Vanilla Ice on In Living Color, very funny.
You are too funny! I love your blog. You can write things in such a fun way, it cracks me up! The Hammer pants are going to make a come back you know... Well I really hope not! Anyhow, I too think it is funny that they picked Utah!
I am so in,are you kidding! I am an 80's geek! Ok maybe not so much on the pants but I would totally go to the concert! Music rocks!
Thats fre3ekin awesome you know I was going w- my sisster in law! & way ready to play the part! but Shantell has a thing w- Travis that nite I was SO sad!
That is awesome! you crack me up. I would so go! Let me know if you get a groupie together. :)
I danced many a school dance(maybe even Stake dance) to these songs! So funny! If you go, Carrie, you'll have to post all about it!
I love Vanilla Ice, Travis still has Ice Ice Baby as one of his ring-tones......man we are dorky!
So I guess we will see you with your big 80's hair and Preston in his hammer pants at the concert then? LOL!
Just the music makes me laugh! Lovin' it! We should all go!
Post a Comment