"May you let the meaning and beauty and peace of the temple come into your everyday life..." --President Howard W. Hunter Yesterday Preston and I took the kids to the Draper Utah Temple open house. It is absolutely Beautiful! I love all the gorgeous art work, wood work and chandeliers. The brides room is magnificent! While we were in the Celestial room Maddie looked up at the chandelier and said "pitty!" (pretty, of course) It is a breath taking room as well! In fact, she said pitty through out the whole tour. Which made me happy because I knew she was recognizing it for the beautiful masterpiece that it is, even at age two. Dylan LOVED the baptismal font. He wanted to dive right in, and really, can you blame him? They had it filled up. So, actually, I kinda wanted to dive in too. For anyone who has been baptized and even further more preformed baptisms for the dead, you know there is nothing that feels better than that perfectly warmed water. He loved the oxen that hold the basin on their backs. He called them cows.
I would Strongly encourage anyone and everyone to attend this Temple open house. I think it is a great thing the church does to let all inside who have a general curiosity about Temples. It is great for children and members and non members alike. All are welcome. While we were there, we saw many people who were obviously from all walks of life. I think it is wonderful that they can have a chance to see the magnificent beauty and feel the happy spirit that is there. Of course, after a temple is dedicated, it becomes a bit of a different place. It is closed to the public, and rightly so. It is sacred and I have the up most respect for the Temple. Take advantage of this opportunity. The temple tour ends on March 14th. click here for reservations. I know, I know most of you already have your tickets or have even gone already, but just in case...
These windows are AWESOME!
FYI the Oquirrh Mountian Temple open house will be June 1st to August 1st. Click here for more info on the Oquirrh Temple.
Click here to learn more about LDS Temples.










12 comments:
Freaking cute background!! Where ever did you get it/ :) :)
We took the kids this last week, and we too were amazed at the beauty! It is so peaceful there too! Our kids loved it and we were really glad we took them. That is cute that little Maddy thought it was pretty too! We are so lucky to have so many temples so close to us!
Oops! Maddie not Maddy (habbit!)Sorry!
Oh fun! she is to cute! We are going March 6th I'm really excited!
We went a few weeks ago and took the whole family. It was so neat the kids loved it. It such a good feeling I can't wait until the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House!!! How did you get the post for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple? I would love to post that also. Thanks Carrie.
I finally got that tag done Carrie. Thanks for tagging me.
We went over to see the temple with our kids last week too. I loved the color scheme of it. Is that weird? It was such a wonderful experience for us all too. I'm excited to do it again within the next few months.
We went at the end of Jan. It was spectacular=). We almost didn't take the kids because they were being a bit naughty before we left but as soon as we walked in the doors they were the best kids:) I'm so glad we took them. It was such a wonderful experience. And to be able to go to the Temple with my parents meant so much. My mom is an inactive member & my dad is not batized. To be able share this experience with them meant so much to me::) And they loved it, might I add:) I pray everyday that they will find truth in the gospel! Thanks for the great post, I'm gonna have to post about out trip, I've been meaning too.
I would have loved to go. I thot about it saturday when we were down. Maybe we can go to the next one. I can't believe there will be 4 temples in the sl valley.
I want to go too. But I am so busy that I am lucky to remember that I have a husband to take care of!!!???LOL But seriously is anyone else tired of remembering and doing everything????? I think I am there. It will be good to get away in May. THanks for checking out my blog Carrie. Love ya
Allen, myself and my Mom are going on Monday, I'm pretty excited! I love your blog, it's so cute!! Your kids are getting so big, and they are adorable!!!
Thanks so much for the link I had no idea it was open. I am going to try and go if we come up. Can babies go in? Thanks again Bethany
answer to the above comment, yes babies can go in. I took my 6 month old. But you might want to wear a sling or snuggly, way easier & not sure if you can take a stroller in. I didnt see any...
Post a Comment