Dylan and Madelyn are in full swing terrible two's! I have had some people tell me that three is actually worse. Please, say it ain't so! I have had a rough past few weeks with these two. My little partners in crime have been getting into all sorts of mischief lately. Could be cabin fever. This winter seems long and never ending, with a ways more to go unfortunately. I tend to lean to the side of the terrible two's explanation however.
With in the past week they have learned to out smart the child proof (ya right) door knob covers. (Madelyn's genius at work) We got a pretty good run out of them I guess. They have been using chairs or even toys to climb up to reach all those off limits things. Things such as: light switches, the faucet, the phone, and T.V. Lot's of fun buttons there. Climbing onto table tops, and counter tops. My favorite new trick is Dylan's genius at work. He can reach the water and ice dispensers in the refrigerator door. I have been knowing this would happen soon, and DREADING IT! This past Monday evening I was downstairs doing some tidying. I heard lots of giggling. I thought all was well. Think again. When I came up the entire kitchen floor was flooded! Dylan had been pushing the water dispenser and watching it flow while filling up a cup as well. My two munchkins were drenched from head to toe. They were splashing, slipping, sliding and swimming. I thought to myself, I really should get a picture of this. I REGRET that I did not. :( The carpet was rapidly soaking up the water and I had company coming over. So, instead of taking advantage of this Kodak moment, I will have to
commit it to memory.
"I gunna git cha!"
Preston always asks about how my day went. More specifically, he asks what cute things did the kids do today? Or, did the kids do anything new? I love to be able to report something. So, despite all the terrible two-ness, I try to watch out for all those precious moments that I live for.
At the end of the day when they are snuggled into their beds fast asleep, Preston and I always go check on them. Those sweet faces make me melt. Have you ever seen anything as angelic as a sleeping two year old?
To die (and live) for.
Once again, not the best of pictures.
Maddie hugging Dylan. "I got cha!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"...be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will-to your surprise-miss them profoundly."
~President Monson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"...motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But, amid the challenges, there are shining moments of JOY and satisfaction."
~Elder M. Russell Ballard









14 comments:
Way cute background, where did you get it? Jordyn never went through the terrible twos, she did the terrible 3s and my friends kid just turned 3 in december and she is a handful, so I hope for you it is just the terrible 2s.:)
So true! And Amen! Just to be redundant. I used to make a point of watching my kids sleep on the days when I fantasized about losing my mind. It helps to see their innocence in the middle of all the chaos and strong-willed moments.
Well, I can relate. My kids are off-track right now and driving me crazy in other ways. The ways big kids can, fighting, being bored, etc. I will say--be glad there are two of them. How nice that they can play together and keep each other entertained, but then I guess it can be double trouble.
I have a bit of cabin fever myself! Your kids are seriously so adorable Carrie. This post made me smile.
I love your page it is always cute. Where do you get your cute back grounds? Three's are bad but you will make it. You are a good mom.
lol I can totally imagine those 2! so sorry I'd love to tell ya it gets better but just be greatfull there not teenagers yet! oh can you imagine what you will be saying then?
I just have to laugh about those two stinkers. I remember very well when Hayden was 2-3. (and its does go way beyond 2) She was such a pill and I didn't know how to handle her. I called around and tried to find any parenting class or help I could get so I could be a better mom. I was never able to take a class but a neighbor gave me a book to try to help me.
Its funny today when I look back at it and think about her being so little and still being able to push my buttons.
Good Luck. I think you are a great mother.
I know exactly what you mean! Isabelle is climbing everything lately and throwing fits constantly. It's like they know the second they turn 2, and start acting naughtier. But you're right, you just have to enjoy these moments!
Well I completely know how you feel going through the Terrible Two stage, I actually think two was alot harder than 3! But hang in there, they wont be like this for long I think your quotes that you have sum it all up pretty well.
Two's and three's are fun - in many good and not so good ways! At least you've got a good attitude and lots of love for those little munchkins! They are adorable even swimming in the kitchen! (((((hugs)))))
They are so cute even when they are such stinkers. Kyri is not even 1 yet and I think she is learning early! But all you can do is love them right!! Miss you!
Hi it's Lynette you use to be Paige's nursery teacher forever ago. I love your blog! Your little family is so cute and I love how you incorperate quotes! I am private so send me an email if you want to view, lynettehafen@hotmail.com
I will see you Monday night!
Just what I need to hear. Loved the post and absolutely love your blog!!! Your such a neat person I am so grateful I have got to know.
you have such a darling family. yep, the two's are hard, but enjoy them. It gets harder. Of course there are things that get better, I guess thats the trade off. But all worth it for sure. love the quotes you added. I'm gonna have to copy you & add them to my blog as well.
Post a Comment