»

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Madelyn's 2nd Birthday @ Chuck E. Cheese

Birthday girls are not supposed to have a sad face like that :(
My kids are so not cooperative when it comes to pictures. Madelyn opening some presents with Dylan's help.
Hey, what are big brothers for?
Santa forgot to bring her babies some bottles for her stocking, so mommy and daddy got her some for her birthday. :) Ever since Christmas Maddie has been so into dollies I can't believe it. She even insists on taking one to bed with her. It's pretty cute. I am not sure what was the sudden interest, she's always had dollies since she was born.
I guess she likes the one from Santa best.
Maddie's Elmo cake. Another amateur cake decorating project. My Mom usually made us special cakes for our birthdays when we were younger, so I guess I have been trying to do that for my kids too. My mom took a cake decorating class and was good at it.
I think I need to take a class too.
Maddie's birthday is on New Years Eve. We went to Chuck E. Cheese for her party. We were joined by cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas. It was a really fun time! my kids loved it and really enjoyed themselves.
(But, once again, not being too good for the camera.)
Singing Happy Birthday to my Boo.
Maddie LOVES cake!
Ever since Dylan's birthday she has been asking for bur-day cake.
"Bur-day cake Mommy?"
My twins enjoying a ride together. Ok, not real twins, but to me...
Dylan and me playing some air hockey.
Dylan liked to make the puck go into his own goal,
so we lost BIG time! It was still so fun!
Merry-go-round. Madelyn really liked this one, cause she loves horsies.
I can't even count how many times they rode this. Dylan loved playing this game because it was a motorcycle!
Or was it Preston's favorite?
Maddie liked this one where you push a button to punch the ducks.
My favorite is the one where you get your picture taken and Chuck E. sketches it for you.
So, I couldn't seem to get them smiling at Chuck E. Cheese, even though they were loving it. But, they smiled all the way home!
I must have snapped 10 pictures of them smiling all the way home.
I think they were tired but happy!

6 comments:

Darcie said...

What a fun birthday. The Elmo cakes look fab. I can't decorate a cake to save my life. I had my brother make hayden's last year, my brother, thats how bad I am.
It is a talent. I think its so cute how Dylan helps her. I like her in purple.

Darcie said...

Ok Carrie, I hope you don't take offense. In your scketch, you look like Celine Dion. I hope you like her like I do. Its a very pretty picture even if it is from Chuck E. Cheese.

Caralee said...

What a fun birthday. And your cake was awesome. Any kid would have LOVED it!

JaNae said...

Hey Carrie...I'm pretty impressed with your cake decorating skillz :) That Elmo cake rocks!

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Hey carrie,
thank you for the comment. I Think the surgery was a success. i'm still pretty swollen so its hard to say, but I am already so antsy being at home all day. so if you want to get out I wouldn't mind the babies coming at all. Love you carrie!

steph said...

What a fun b-day she had. It is amazing how they have the mom instinct with dolls. I think you did a great job on the cake. Mine are costco, does that tell you anything about my cake decorating.