On July 25th of last year, Dylan and Madelyn's adoptions were finalized. When you adopt, the baby has to be in your care for six months before an adoption can be finalized. We wanted to do them both at the same time. So because of that, and just due to the judge's schedules, the babies were a little older than six months. Let's see, Dylan was 7 months & 3 weeks and Maddy was 6 months & 3 weeks. So, really pretty close. The procedure is really quick and sweet, but a happy day all in all. The kids were really good and especially sweet that morning. Dylan was looking at Maddy pretty much the whole time, just smiling and cooing. Just like in the above picture. I remember feeling as if they knew it was a special day. They knew they were becoming brother and sister that day. (In the eyes of the law, to me they have always been brother and sister.) The case workers that were there with us that day even noticed it. I think we will do something fun today to celebrate adoption day.
( and then we did...see slideshow in side bar) I love you forever D and M! xoxo









3 comments:
I remember when you sent us the update one year ago that the adoptions were finalized. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I love this picture. What a special day to remember. (And thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - it makes my day!)
What a sweet day! That's when adoption is SO rewarding. Especially that sealing day! I'm so thankful you have those two beautiful babies!!
I bet it was such a great thing to get finalized and over with, in a way. I think the annual ice cream party is very fun and cute, and will be something to look forward to every year.
Post a Comment