»

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FAST Bumble Bee!

I saw this guy on Oprah today. He is amazing! His name is David Garrett. I have long loved the violin. Maybe it started with a little Charlie Daniels Band back in the day, I don't know. A little Devil Went Down To Georgia anyone? Yee-Haw. Lol. My sister-in-law Jessica plays the violin. It amazes me every time she plays. I LOVE it. We beg her to play all the time and I think she's a bit sick of us! Haha. Love you Jess!
Not an easy skill to develop. What a talent!
The video just below is David playing Flight of the Bumble Bee. He plays an estimated 13 notes PER SECOND! Wowsers!
If you have not seen this guy in action. Check it out!


Here he is again playing Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal. Just awesome!

People are so hyped up about the "talent" of stars like Lady Gaga. Well, gag, gag. Now, THIS is talent! BTW, my Maddie Boo loves the Gaga. Eeek. More about that later. Her songs are extremely catchy. I'll give her that.
David is a 28 year old German-American. He was born in Germany and has an American mother and German father.
So tell me, do you like a little violin action? If not, could David Garrett change your mind? Pretty cool. I must say, my music taste is quite diverse.

7 comments:

Darcie said...

I really enjoyed that. What some talent. I loved smooth criminal.
Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

We loved this post! We watched everything a couple times! Kyler has been facinated with music and watched so closely. This post was super fun and we will probably be coming back to it over and over. Thank you TONZ!

Matt N Camie Family said...

LOVE IT!!! I have honestly never been a huge fan of violins.. I find them a little screechy at times however, this has COMPLETELY changed my opinion!! AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!! :) I hope you dont mind I am gonna post the smooth criminal video on facebook for Brittany.. she will LOVE IT too! :)

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh. I love, love, loved this post. I'm a huge fan of the violin. Of course, I don't play it, but I love doing duets with my brother who does. He'll play the violin and I'll play the piano. He's amazing for someone who just started. I'm going to show him this post. He'll love it! Thanks Carrie. Awesome stuff!

Allen n Teresa said...

Truly amazing!

Dennis and Patty said...

I loved it!!! Do you know that Heather played the violin when she was young? Then we moved to California and they didn't have it in school, only half an hour away. So she started piano and then we moved again. Oh well. It was great!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

That was amazing. I played the violin starting at age 4. After highschool I stopped. That talent of that guy is amazing. I'm still stuck on twinkle twinkle.. Anyhow, neat music! I'm glad you posted that!