»

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Talented Mother

Just wanted to let anybody who may be interested that my mom teaches a watercolor class that is held on Wednesday nights in Saratoga Springs. It is for people of ALL abilities. Even if you have never painted before and just want to learn something new. She was doing $30 for a three week class. The first class was last Wednesday, but you could pay a cheaper tuition and still go to the last two. Also, I am positive she will start it again if there is interest if you'd rather take it from the beginning. Please let me know if you are interested and I will give you more details. She really is very talented and loves to teach! I took the first class last week and really had no interest in painting per se, (only as an admirer of great art. I love to look at it and appreciate it!) I just wanted to support my mom. However, I have found myself thinking A LOT about what I could paint. It was surprising! Although, I know I have no true talent for it, it really is fun and relaxing and a good get away for anyone who may need to unwind a bit.
I wish I had more pictures of examples of her work. She has done many great things! Pass the word along and let me know if anyone is interested so I can get you many more details about the class. Thanks!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I do love your moms work! I have zero artistic talent! It always amazes me to watch Drew whip some cool drawing out for the boys in like 2 minutes! I can't remember if I've shown you some of his work.

Allen n Teresa said...

You're mom is very talented! And from seeing the Barbie house...you've got it too!!! That would be a LOT of fun to take that class! Next time she's going to do I would really like to learn, I've always had an interest in painting.