A fellow blogger, (a dear cousin of mine) challenged all her readers to "The Hubby Challenge". You are supposed to do a little something extra for your husband and then post about it. I was thinking about all the nice things I already do as I was reading her post. By the time I got to the end, I decided these selfish thoughts really did mean I needed to do this!

It's just too easy to go about life day by day thinking, all this laundry I do for him, all this cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children, being the household accountant, and etc., etc, are enough for him to know that I care and love him...right? Well maybe, maybe not. Although all those things
are nice and great, I do believe I could do better at the
extra things. It was brought up by one commenter that maybe if I stop nagging for a day, he'd really appreciate that. Well, honestly, I think that would probably be my husbands DREAM day! I thought a lot about that "not nagging" but suffice it to say, I just was not strong enough to take that upon myself. I am WAY, WAY to much a perfectionist for that day to happen...my thoughts on my "perfectionism" to come in a future post.

Anyway, since I could not step up to the nagging idea, I went with FOOD instead. Most men like food, and if you know Preston, he LOVES food! One of his favorite foods is cheesecake. So the other day, off he went to enjoy some sushi with friends. When he got home, I surprised him with a cheesecake. Now, it was not of the homemade variety. Although I would have made him a homemade one in a heart beat, or even bought one from where ever has the best cheesecake (cheesecake Factory anyone? YUM!) But no, his favorite cheesecake is the Jell-O brand one you grab off the top shelf in your local grocery store! It has all the stuff you need right there in a box. Seriously, he loves that stuff! Many a cheesecake he has tried, it's still his favorite. It had been a long time since I made him one...like a REALLY long time. So he was very happy and surprised! He asked, "
what'd ya make this for?" Just like I knew he would. I told him I made it just for him because I love him. I was really hoping to do something grander perhaps, but time was marching on and I wanted to put it off no longer. As far as the sushi goes...I personally am not brave enough yet to give it a whirl.

I kept thinking, "I need to take a picture of this cheesecake for my post." But, then I never did. So I posted these pictures (the bottom two) that were taken on our anniversary instead. January 23rd 2010 marks 12 years for us!
Wowsers! Of course, we did get married when I was 15.
Ummm, just kidding! Just trying not to be so old! Maybe for our lucky 13
th that we are now journeying into I should work on that not nagging...NAH! ;) Preston, I love you, and even though I tell you everyday, I hope they are not monotonous words. I need to do better at the little surprises and such. I hope you know that I would choose you over and over, you are my soul mate and eternal companion.
xoxox. Now go barf if you need to.
LOL! Go ahead, do the hubby challenge for yourself. After all, it is the season of LOVE right? Keep it G rated, K? (if you post about it.)
Lol!
Oh I forgot to say, I added a layer of chocolate on the graham crust before pouring the filling in, and it was pretty
delish. You may want to try adding a chocolate layer to your next cheesecake, just for a little something different. :) Also, if you have not tried the Jell-O brand cheesecake in a box, it's actually really good. Give it a try this Valentines Day. I like the strawberry topping one. Oh ya, and it's no bake. Easier the better.
Happy Valentines Day everybody!
8 comments:
Cute! I bet he loved that! That was really sweet of you! I really want to do something nice for Tim, He really does alot for me. But about the sushi, I was Pleasantly surprised when we went last week! We should go, and i'll show you the ones that are safe!!Love ya!
oh your so sweet. I'm gonna have to take you up on that challenge. It's a really good time since I've felt like I've been neglecting him lately & valentines is right around the corner.
I love it that the Hubby Challenge is spreading!!! That is so awesome! I love what you did. It's not small at all. Preston asked what you made it for and so to him it was so special! I really like those pics of you two. I never noticed Prestons crooked smile until now. It's just like my dads and I love it! I am totally with ya on the nagging. I don't even get to see my husband and I spend half of the time on the phone nagging at him...Poor guy. Thank you so much for taking my challenge, this has been so much fun. Love Ya!
That sheesecake sounds pretty good, I will have to try it. I think the nagging thing would be really hard too.
As for sushi, Jeremy and I have both tried it and we think it is disgusting. I hate seafood for starters, so we tried avocado and cucumber rolls and those were even gross. They wrap them in seaweed paper and it taste just like a nasty fish. I dont understand how people love it.
But, it sounds like we are the weird ones and everyone else loves it.
Darcie, I am with you, I dis like seafood very much!
What a good idea!!! I'm total slacker and haven't done anything special yet. I think Al would totally go for cheesecake, that's his favorite too. I'm thinking about the nagging thing...maybe I just need to work up to it. lol
I am not a fan of sushi but I do like some of the cooked sushi. (I haven't quite figured out how it's still sushi if it's cooked). Try the surf-n-turf at the Happy Sumo. It's really good.
Preston likes sushi?!!! Well, then again what am I saying...my little brother will eat just about anything ;)
I have to add, since someone mentioned they didn't know how sushi is "cooked"...it actually isn't "cooked" it is pickled...therefore killing off the bacteria and parasites(yes I said Parasites) Most fish we consume have parasites in the meat. It's very common and luckily many of the little buggars can't live in human hosts. It doesn't matter though, you wont catch me EVER eating that stuff.....please tell Preston to get his sushi at a chain store like Happy Sumo(chains tend to not cut corners and purchase cheap parasite ridden fish)....I'm telling him this as a sister and a health inspector.
I could totally picture Preston saying "What'dya make this for" ...it even made me chuckle out loud.
Mmmmmm cheesecake, don't tell Travis he will feel neglected
Carrie....I've never heard you nag, besides insn't that what we do? Otherwise nothing would ever get done :)
Post a Comment