»

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Busier than the President ;)

Wooo, I am a little rusty at this blogging bit! Just Kidding, it's like riding a bike...but, I don't take the time for that either! So, It's been a while since I have blogged. I am going to try and catch up on stuff. This maybe puts a small dent in what I need to catch up on. We truly have been SO busy with life! There's always a lot going on, weather it be stuff with family, friends, church callings, errands, cooking, cleaning, yard work, household projects, and the list goes on....Oh, and don't forget chasing after the two most active two years olds you'll ever meet! Haha. You know how it is. I think we are all in the same boat in this fast pace world. I may be a stay-at-home mom, but I swear I feel busier than the President! That's a funny expression I heard a while back that made me chuckle and felt, Oh! How true!! Lol! I don't know if I have been in a different rhythm lately or my routine has changed, but I seem to find zero time to blog. (and check other peoples. :( Don't worry, y'all I still love ya, and with winter coming I am sure to return and make my dumb comments that probably make you scratch your heads!!) ;) I would usually be up at 2 a.m. blogging, that was the only time I could get it done. Oh, wait, that's exactly what time it is right now!! Well, I am still a night owl for sure, but not quite as late. So usually after the kids are to bed, I clean up whatever loose ends I have left and relax with a little "stupid box". Not this stupid box...the other kind. I enjoy T.V. --I will admit. But the only thing I manage to watch before 10 pm when I finally get to sit is Tinker Bell movie, Blues Clues or Dora. Speaking of the stupid box, we got a new one for upstairs. (last June) It's a small area up there, so I have had this idea for years to hang it above the stairs to save on space. I think it works out really great! And, my hubby was sweet enough to get me a new couch to boot. Brag,brag, Gag! Gag! Lol ;) Yes, I've been spoiled. But we saved up for quite a while and it was nice to indulge a bit!! :)

I hate that ceiling fan...new light fixtures are HIGH on my list. Since we built our house back in 1999, all the hardware is gold. I have been busy painting a lot of it. (recycle,reuse, renew) I had plans to paint this fan so it had the bronze patina look and replace the glass with alabaster lights (to mach floor lamp) but I could not get the sucker to come apart enough to make it's paint job look good.
That BIG white wall needs some paint and new decor...but you eat an elephant a bite at a time I suppose! I have been doing a pretty good amount of house updating...with lots more work to go! Our house turned 10 years old this past June. I had all sorts of big plans for a "birthday" remodel. I started last fall and am still working on a lot of it! I wanted to be done in June...Oh well. I will do future post to archive what I have done. I love seeing old pictures of my childhood house from before I was born or while I was real little. Cause it changed so much. Maybe it will be fun for my kids to see too? This particular area has changed three times since my kids were born!
This is how it looked just before getting the new t.v. and couch. This particular room of the house has had lots of different furniture configurations in it. I was going to post pictures of all the different ways it has looked. But it is now nearing 3 a.m. eekkk! It was even completely empty for about a year after we finished our basement and took all the furniture from there down stairs. I know this is boring...sorry. As I have said before, a lot of my blogging is for a family history. Maybe this doesn't need to be part of our history though! Lol.


Around the middle of September we had been out shopping a bit--hence the Roberts balloons, and we also stopped by Kmart. They were clearancing out all their summer stuff so I got the lawn mowers for like a dollar. Along with some other deals. Anyway, when we got home and were getting ready for dinner, the kids insisted they take their mowers to the table (I know, bad mama) Well, the next thing I hear is them saying "cheese!" They wanted me to take a picture with them like that...silly kids!

So every little boy and daddy duo has a picture like this right? I know my brothers and dad do. How can anyone resist this Kodak moment.

He seriously tagged right along Preston the whole time. Front and backyard. Just precious!


Maddie had been learning to pedal a bit on a trike at her grandma and grandpas. I wanted to get the kids trikes to continue learning, but then decided to get bikes because Dylan is obsessed with bikes. Every time we would go to the park and if there were kids with bikes there all he wants to do is look at the bike. Well, he was excited!! Upon first seeing them he squealed Yeah! BIKES! It was cute. He was so excited!! Maddie was excited to, but just not quite as much as D.

August 25 2009

A closer look at that face, he thought it was Christmas I think!










Ok, so really neither one of them can pedal yet..but hey, I guess it's good to get things they can grow in to. And they still LOVE playing with them even despite the non pedaling.




Remember this from a while back???

Here is Dylan and Daddy's brilliant idea! Like father like son, that's for sure!!



8 comments:

Allen n Teresa said...

Your life sounds so full of life! That sounds weird but...that is what I meant to type. Your kids are so cute love the lawnmowers at the table, especially the part of them wanting you to take a picture. I can just see them as teenagers at family things everytime you get the camera out they roll their eyes and hide. I know don't even talk about that because they are growing up fast enough without thinking about that.
BTW: Love the "spooky" music.

Tory Miller said...

So cute!! I Love your new couch and TV set up!! Looks so good. Glad to see you are still alive! Jill will be coming to town soon so we all are going to need to get together. So try to squeeze some time into your busy schedule for us!! :)

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

You are one busy lady!! Those two are non stop! I love them! I can't believe how big they are getting! its so cute to see their cute little personalities in everyday little things! oh man Carrie, I owe you so big for taking Lilly! We will see you in the morning!!

JaNae said...

Your kiddos are cute as ever! I love the lawn mowing pics, so cute.

Jamie Eskelson said...

That Halloween picture of you 4 is so darling! You are busier than the President!

Matt N Camie Family said...

Love, love, love it all! Good to hear things are going well! :)

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

Love the new couch and tv idea! I love to change things up. Your little boys face is priceless, seeing his bike. I love it.

steph said...

I am glad to hear all is well. The pictures are so cute. I love how you have done your tv and couch it all looks great.