Well, I could think of many things to call this post. But I decided on redrum, murder spelled backwards, a little "The Shining" anyone? Need I say more?
Roasted Beets
6 beets, cleaned (we did like quadruple that)
2 large shallots, peeled
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven 400 degrees.
In a large bowl toss all of the ingredients. Place in a foil pouch and roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool so you can handle them. Peel, slice, redrum, (LOL) and eat!
Pickled Beets
Use the 6 roasted beets that you sliced up
1 large red onion, frenched
1 cup tarragon wine vinegar ( I couldn't find this, if I looked at more stores, I am sure I could have. We just used regular vinegar and doctored it up)
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 cup water
Arrange in 1 quart jars alternating layers with the onion. In a small pot, boil the rest of the ingredients and pour over the beets. Tightly lid the jars and place in the refrigerator for 3 to 7 days before serving.










3 comments:
I hate beets too and I have even tried fresh ones baked up, still hated them.
Hope yours taste good once the waiting is up.
I always think of beets as old people food, it seems like older people usually like them and the younger generations want nothing to do with them.
I don't like beets either. I guess I need to go find my big girl pants & give 'em a go. LOL! It has been a long time since I've tried them. And since I've noticed in my old age I seem to like things that at one time I wouldn't go near, I'm sure I'd probably like them. Never know 'til ya try right? well that's what I always tell my kids.
I LOVE beets! I don't know how anyone can NOT like them. lol I'm so glad you figured a way to enjoy them! :) Those look and sound DeLiCiOuS!!! I may have to give your recipe a try.
Post a Comment