A few weeks ago we were able to spend the day with my parents and grandparents. They recently purchased a "ranch" (as they call it, and it is :) It is truly a beautiful sprawling piece of property. There are lots of barns filled with hay and tractors and other fun things. There is a nice pasture and pond and a river running thru the back of the property. Grandpa (great grandpa to Dylan and Maddie) Has horses and big bulls. Lots of cows and cute, cute calves. We saw a baby cow who was just a day or two old. It was darling! I grew up on land that was adjoining my grandpas cow/hay fields. I love seeing all the new babies being born! It took me back to those days where I would sit and talk to the cows and they would chew and stare at me. Kinda crazy right? Try living w/ seven kids in a lil house! The cows were the only ones who would stop a minute and listen..or so it seemed! Seriously...JUST KIDDING...kinda. Anyway, it was a real nice day and the kids loved exploring and skipping rocks and feeding the horses and so on. Just before we were getting ready to leave, Dylan and Maddie got to play on grandpa's brand new tractor. They loved every minute of that I tell you. Especially Dylan.
"Dad, do all grandpa's have tractors?"
Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious and so cute all at the same time. Preston's Dad has a tractor that Dylan loves to sit on and make tractor noises and he even has gotten a few rides on it. Every time we go to grandpa Peterson's there is a sure trip to the barn to visit the tractor. My dad laughed and laughed upon hearing Dylan say that, but felt a little bad as his grandpa that he doesn't have a tractor! We decided great grandpa has more than enough for the both of them, so that counts. :)










5 comments:
How Cute!! :o)
Cute kiddos! What a cute great grandpa to let your kids enjoy the tractors! Dylan will love tractors thanks to these fun experiences as a little kid! Enjoy!
What a sweet little boy!!! :)
I think that has to be the cutest picture, kind of a generation picture. I think its one of those kind you could enter in the fair.
Your Grandpa looks classic.
What some fun memories for your kids.
Don't know why but that picture totally pulls at the heartstrings...makes me want to cry. I guess just brings back so many memories of sitting on tractors at Grandpa's myself. LOVE it!!! Your little Dylan looks like he's in heaven! Soooo cute!!!
Post a Comment