This Halloween I was a zoo keeper, Dylan a lion and Maddie a monkey.

A few days prior to Halloween, I tried to get the kids to take pictures in their costumes. Well, it did not go well. Dylan was in the monkey and Maddie in the lion. It was supposed to be the other way around. The Lion was Dylan's size and the monkey Madelyn's. But they were acting like they HATED their costumes, and Maddie would ONLY put the lion one on that day. I felt nervous for Halloween to arrive because they did NOT like wearing them! :( They would not keep the hoods on and I was getting frustrated, because that's the cutest part! I was lucky to get this picture with their hoods up. Don't they look happy?


When the day arrived, the weather was GREAT! That made me happy because it had been snowing a few days earlier. (see post below) Dylan and Maddie actually put their costumes on when it was time with little fuss. I think they could feel the excitement in the air and were READY for some trick or treating!

I was so happy that they didn't complain about the costumes at all while trick or treating. AND they kept their hoods up! :) When they went to uncle Tim and Aunt Jessie's they had to take them right off after going inside. I think it was just because they were hot. For a cool (yet quite comfortable) trick or treat night the costumes kept them at a perfect temperature.

My mom and dad.

Dylan and Maddie and some cousins.

Justin, Melissa, Rashel, and Julie.

Lizzie and Lindy. What a cute Little duo!

Dylan giving big smiles to Uncle Justin while stealing his Patch Adams nose.

Preston unfortunately had to work Halloween, but my Dad went with me to take the kids out. It was a really fun time and I loved hearing Dylan and Maddie say trick or treat and Happy Halloween to all the people. I loved how they just trucked on up to the doors and knocked and took their piece of candy. A few times Dylan got scared of some "spooky" Halloween decorations, but in the end, he always overcame and went to the door. It was funny, I guess after seeing Maddie be brave, he'd go ahead too. Lol!!
Way to be out done by your little sister, Dylan Hahaha!
7 comments:
CUTE!!! I LOVE how creative you all are!! :)
what cutie pies!!! I'm glad it all worked out. very cute costume ideas, loved that you were a zoo keeper. i would have never thought of that.
So, cute, Carrie! My kids always ask me what I'm going to be for Halloween...I should make more of an effort to dress up, too!
The Lion's roar and the monkey chatter was so stinkin' cute! I just love your kids, they are so cute.
You are such a good mom, Carrie. Your two little ones are so blessed to have you. What fun Halloween looks. I love the costumes and you being the Zoo keeper-too funny! I loved the lion roar and the monkey sounds and Dylan saying "scared" was priceless! It does my heart good to see Dylan so loved and cared for. Some days I miss having him in our lives but then I look at your posts and photos and my heart is filled with gratitude and joy that Holly chose you and Preston to be his parents. Please give him some extra hugs and kisses from me.
Carrie I love the costumes! Looks like they had fun.
Congradts on the new calling I think you will do a great job!
Post a Comment