Happy Mother's Day all you awesome Women!
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva JordanI think the above quote goes for women in general!! We always seem to be taking the burnt toast and leaving the perfectly golden for the rest. Today I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful women in my life. Weather they are my own Mother, Mother-in-law, Grandmother, Aunt, Sister, Sister-in-law, Cousin, or Friend. My love to you all. I especially want to say Happy Mother's Day to my kids' Birth Mom's and all the women in their lives who made them the who they are. I love you forever! At this time of the year I particularly think of Mother's of the future. Those beautiful women in waiting. For many years Mother's Day was the absolute WORST day of the year for me. Oh how my heart ached! I was happy to pay tribute to my own Mother and Mother-in-law, but at the same time I was terribly sad. I know this day is not easy for them and I wish I could take the pain away. If I could tell them anything it would be that as a daughter of God Mother's Day is here to honor THEM as much as it is to honor me or any other mother. To me it's a Women's Day. Because after all, they are the ones who refuse the pie and take the burnt toast, what could be more motherly than that?
This YouTube video has been around for a while, you may have gotten it in an email or something. I think it's pretty DANG CLEVER! I think you will enjoy it too, weather it's the first time or the third, take a listen...really funny and cute!
if the video is not up, click here to view.










2 comments:
Thank you and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!! :) You are such a good mommy! And I know your kids would totally agree!
I've seen that little video before but it just kills me her tongue doesn't end up in knots. I know mine would.
that was such a sweet post. I'm gonna have my sis read it. They've been trying for a baby about 4 years now & are trying to adopt now. I love how you put that as a daughter of god mother's day is here to honor us all. I've also seen that youtube. it just cracks me up.
Post a Comment