»

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lessons from the { LoVe BiRdS }

There are two robins {who are apparently in love} who chose my backyard to build a home and start a family.
At first it was just the two of them gathering things to build their nest. Preston and I would laugh at how they seemed to be bickering at times. Fervently tweeting and pecking back and forth. Maybe it was not bickering... Then mama bird laid some eggs.
I wondered why my yard? ...
With children at play and a dog...

And even children pretending to be a dog!
It's not the most quiet place. But it is a loving place. Maybe that's why. We get sparrows and starlings, and other types of little birds building a nest here every year.
I am glad our big tree could be a home for this little family. The tree almost lost its life last year. It drops a lot of twigs and it prone to disease so Preston is not a fan. He's a little chain saw happy as well. Lol. But as I said, I am happy the life of the tree has been spared at least for this year. I have loved watching mama and papa bird take turns tending the eggs. One would fly out just as the other was flying in. So cute really.
Now they are the proud parents of three little tweeters. Hungry little tweeters. I watch mom and dad gather bugs for the babies and feed it right into those wide open mouths.

Sweet baby bird.
I have really enjoyed watching this little bird family. I sit in the backyard and watch the kids play and watch mama and papa bird hard at work for their babies. Working together. Who knew we could learn about marriage and family from the birds?


7 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

TOO Cute!!=)

Darcie said...

Those are some big birds. I used to have a big tree with ivy and finches lived there and I would find the little featherless babies all over my patio, it was sad. They had fallen out of the nest. Hayden and I tried to save some, but they would never survive.
Your birds look big and harty. I bet its fun to see their progress.

Anonymous said...

Oh! How cute is that! I love Spring!

Christina said...

Not sure which is cuter - the kids or the baby birds! (the kids by far!!) Fun story :o)

Allen n Teresa said...

Awesome pictures! love'em! That would be so fun to watch it all unfold! We have a lot of birds around here but none that have decided it's a good spot to raise a family. I wonder if that should tell me something...hmmm.

Matt N Camie Family said...

I LOVE BIRDS!! How fun that you get to watch something like that up close and personal!! :) LUCKY!!

Kristine said...

Oh I am so jealous! I wish so much a bird family would have found a home here too, perhaps the noise level is too much to take! You got some amazing pictures!