My parents and my brother Tim and his wife Jessica came up for Christmas Eve dinner. We had a great time despite me catching dinner on fire! I made sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. Mmmm, I love 'em. Well, at the end of the baking time you broil them for a minute to get some pretty browning of course. Just then someone came to the door. And that's where it all went wrong. I quickly said goodbye to the guest and ran for the oven. I could smell some not-so-good something coming from there. On No! Before I could even get to the oven, a few steps away, it was a FLAME! All light up like the sun. It took a minute to get the fire out as the smoke detector is going crazy. All in all, everything turned out ok. I put some new mallows on top. This is not really too surprising though. Typical Carrie happenings. I am a little accident prone. Lol. Dinner was good despite and I am getting a little hungry thinking about it. ☺
Christmas Morning
One day about a week or so before Christmas I was brushing Maddie's hair she sighs and says, "I am not having a good day mom." I ask her why and she says "cos it's not Christmas yet!"
Maddie opening the Looooog awaited music box! Santa, came through!
Dylan and his HotWheels criss cross crash!
These kiddos got a lot of great presents. Puzzles, dollies, train sets, mp3 style radio, big semi truck w/ all kinds of monster trucks to go inside, barbies, books, hot wheel cars, clothes, etc. But what was about to come next is the BIG one! I hope they can remember this when they get older, cos I don't see a Christmas anytime soon topping this one...Lol. After all the other gifts were open, we told the kids they had one last one. I handed them each a little present. They opened them in tandem, and what was inside?? They each had a key, but to what? Well we asked them what they thought they were for and they said cycles!! (motorcycles) Yep, they were right.
We directed them to the garage and there they were! Man, what a couple of lucky, SPOILED kids! Truth be told, this is something Preston has dreamed of since before they were born, and I am not even a kidden ya. He started saving to buy these when they were probably a year old! I even held him back a year, he considered giving them these last Christmas. Oh brother.
Of course, as a Mother I was pretty nervous about all this. Really nervous. I felt better when I realized how slow they go. I kinda can't believe it to be honest, but we have gone riding a few times this year already and we have so much fun! Dylan especially loves it. He was a little leery at first. Maddie was the one who had the interest on actual Christmas day, telling us how she wanted her daddy to teach her to ride and then she was going to teach all her friends!
On Christmas Dylan didn't even want to take a ride. I think this made Preston a little nervous. He loved going to the 4 wheeler/motorcycle store. He ADORES riding with his dad and can never get enough. It was a little puzzling. But it was freezing out there, so we decided not to push the issue. Well, a few months later, on Valentine's Day, the weather was quite beautiful and Preston decided to bust out the bikes. Maddie had very little interest and only rode for a few minutes. But Dylan on the other hand, was a maniac! He LOVED it and we can hardly get him to get off to this day! Once he caught the bug it was all over.
See the video at the bottom for Dylan's first ride.
Maddie and her music box. Ok, so here is the story behind this. Back in October I started Christmas shopping. I had in mind to get Maddie a music box. I came across one and bought it. Well, the end of November Maddie was at her cousins house and she got a hold of a music box, fell in love with it and didn't stop talking about it. She started to say, "I want Santa to bring me an Angelina Ballerina music box. I want it to be pink and wind in the back!" Wow! I was amazed and a little relieved, I HAD one! Yippee! The funny thing is, there were other ones I had to choose from that didn't match her description at all. Before her even telling me I picked the right one! Do I know my daughter or what? ;)
Maddie's preschool teacher was even a little concerned. When I went to pick Maddie up one day she whispered to me that Maddie talks non stop about a music box. Ms. Jen says, "she describes to me what she wants it to look like, I sure hope you have one!"
So here's a funny story about the music box and how excited she was:
A few days before Christmas, Preston came home from work early in the morning. (5:45ish) He usually gives me a kiss and goes downstairs to sleep. I usually don't even wake up. This day he wakes me and says, "Do you know what your daughter is doing right now? When i got home I found her going through the house, looking under her bed, in her closet, wondering if Santa came and left her music box!" Oh that girl! It was a long few days before Christmas finally arrived!
Me and Preston's Christmas present from the kids! So adorable.











1 comment:
How cute is Preston that he had been saving for those bikes. What great parents you guys are. We should come ride with you guys sometime. We have a yellow and a blue one too and Hayden has a bike as well.
Post a Comment