»

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dylan's 4th Birthday

My handsome boy is FOUR!!
Dylan's birthday was yesterday. His day started out with one of his favorites, chocolate chip eggos. Then off to pre-school where he got to be the "Star of the Day!" He got to take a favorite toy and a favorite book to share with his class. He took some pictures of himself to show, I especially liked the ones of him as a baby. He also got to take a birthday treat. I woulda made some cute cupcakes or something...but Dylan's not a huge cake fan. So we decided to do something he likes better, Oreo's and apple juice.
When we came to pick him up he had on this special birthday crown and sticker. :) And even a goodie bag from his teacher. This picture below was taken at Arctic Circle. That's where Dylan wanted to go for lunch.
When we got home from lunch, we showed Dylan his birthday cake. I was up till nearly 1 am the night before making it. It was my first go at fondant, something I have been wanting to try for a really long time now.

Ok, so it's pretty amateur, but I had fun and actually learned a lot. I think,(I hope) my next one will turn out even better.
I also made these chocolate peppermint cupcakes, (with filling inside) Yes, yes, I know they are pink...oh well.

Four years old...Such a little man!

That evening we met up with family at Jack and Jill's bowling alley. It was SUPER fun! I think Dylan really loved it too. :)

Here's Maddie doing her run and push! She's a CRACK UP!

A kiss for good luck?

Tuff girl

Don't ya love the tiny bowling shoes?

On Dylan's last frame he decided he wanted to bowl with out the ramp thingy. Here's daddy getting him all set up and showing him how it's done.


Then Maddie had to follow, of course. These two are a bit competitive already! What am I saying already? It's always been there!

Our Bowling Family ↓
Julie (my sister) and her family, minus Kyle, he was singing at Temple Square that night.↓
Jessica and Tim
Grandpa, showing us all how it's done! He's a silver medal winner ya know? Yep, St. George senior games.
Lizzie and EmmaLee havin a good time.

Time to blow out candles...oh, wait, I loaded the wrong pic. :( Pretend like this is him blowing those candles out...
Opening up presents. I thought this one with the money was cute. This boy is richer than me now. He got loaded up for his birthday, hooray! :) His daddy asked him what he was going to do with all his money and he said, "save it" Oh Boy, he is his father's son!
The next morning I took this pic of him and all his fun gifts. He had fun all day long playing with his new things. And I mean ALL DAY!
It was kinda nice to have some new things around the house for Dylan and for Mom, and even Maddie. Thanks so much to everybody who made Dylan's day special!
This video is of Dylan dancing at the bowling alley. I told him to come sing happy birthday and blow out his candles, but he said, "No mom, I'm dancing right now." He danced all around, it was seriously so funny! I was able to catch the the tail end of his little performance. I kind missed the best of it, but you'll get the idea. :)

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan. What in the world would mommy do with out you? I love you sooo much, to the moon and back, infinity and beyond! Just a few things about Dylan:
His favorite color is blue. Speaking of colors, he loves to color and draw and paint. He loves chocolate. He loves peanut butter. He dislikes strawberries and pretty much everything else. Haha, just kidding. Dylan is a pretty picky eater though. He loves to play in the sandbox. Anything outside really, riding his bike and doing funny "tricks", riding 4-wheelers, going camping, the kid is CRAZY about it. All summer long, EVERYDAY he asked, "Mom are we going camping today?" We camped 7 times this past summer. Maybe if I can get my act together I will blog it. ;) Dylan loves, loves, loves toy cars and anything with wheels. Yes, he is fascinated with wheels. He likes to see what kind of tracks they make and everything about them. He loves to chew gum and play with play-doh. All things boy! He loves Bob the Builder, Handy Manny, and Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Oh, and motorcycle stunt videos. Yikes! Dylan gives the best kisses and loves his mom to death!! Haha, he and I are a little attached I will have to say. Dylan loves his sister and likes to share things with her...sometimes. :) He will stick up for her whenever she is in trouble, but likes to get her into trouble all at the same time. Dylan is a smart, happy little guy and loves to ask me and his daddy, "are you happy?" I don't know why he does this, exactly, but he always get an enthusiastic YES!! Because you are our little boy, and that makes us so happy! Which reminds me of a story from the other day. Maddie was in trouble because she drew on the wall in the hallway (just pencil, thank goodness) I was actually cleaning at the time of discovery. Dylan was right along side helping, as he usually is :) He had a big square YELLOW sponge in his hand, so I decided to put him to work on cleaning off Maddie's pencil. He loves to help me clean. I actually look for things I can spray that he can wipe. Anyway, I was a little worked up over the wall. Dylan says to me, "Mom, this sponge looks like Sponge Bob Square Pants" and you know what, that is exactly what it looks like. I started laughing and laughing. Then Dylan says to me, "Mom, you were grumpy at Maddie and then I made you happy now!!" Yes, yes, lesson learned, a little pencil is no big deal, no need to be grumpy. Also, there isn't anything a 3/4 year old mind can't come up with to make you smile and make your day! And that's what my babies constantly do for me.
So blessed.
Happy Birthday Buddy!!


6 comments:

Britt said...

Happy Birthday buddy! Carrie I am impressed-great job on the cake. It looked awesome. I've always wanted to try fondant too. You are a great momma:)

Bethany said...

I love reading your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!

Allen n Teresa said...

What a cute kid! So lucky to have such a good mom! The cake...loved it! Looks pro to me. If I tried it it would've looked like a heaping pile of cow dung hehehe You are definitely talented!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Four all ready? Cute kiddos! I love the picture at the bowling alley where Dillan is so proud and has the biggest grin on his face- priceless! Fun stories and I love your hair color! It looks really cute on you! Enjoy your babies!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Sorry I spelled his name wrong- I'm a little tard sometimes!

Darcie said...

Carrie,
I am still so impressed with the cake. Next year you are making Hayden's.
Dylan is so cute and Jeremy and I were just looking at this post and saying how bad we felt that we had to miss the party. :-(
I think birthday's get funnier as the kids get older. 4 is one of my favorite ages.