»

Friday, April 23, 2010

Un-adorable Karma

So, it's way past time for a new blog post. Trouble is, my computer will not load pictures off my camera for some reason. :( I am afraid I will need to get it serviced..how much is that gonna cost? Yikes! I love downloading pics though, so I am gonna have to bite that bullet I guess. I have pictures a plenty on my computer from before that never got blogged about. Maybe I'll have to do some posts from way back when or something...By way back when I mean things from just this past fall and winter. Boy do I suck! I have a love/hate with blogging.
November 2009
I love to do it when I can. Problem being "when I can" doesn't seem to be happening for me so much lately. So I hate that it is what I would define as an unfinished task looming overhead. O well. Such as life. I would say such as life with two active three year olds on your heels, but I think it would probably be such as life even with out them. Life has a way of keeping us busy no matter what stage of it you are in. I remember back when I worked full time (and then some) before the kids were born, life had a way of being busy then too.August 2009

I remembered thinking that perhaps life would slow down since I was blessed to be a stay-at-home mom now. HELLO, what was I thinking? I like my kind of busy now though. It's tough no doubt, but the rewards are so worth it. Feburary 2008
Today I was running some errands and Maddie was in the back seat with her sunglasses on. The girl loves to wear sunglasses. I said to her, "YOU are my ADORABLE Maddie!" and in return she said to me, "YOU are MY ADORABLE MOMMY!" If my heart did not melt in that moment. It's those moments that you gotta cling to when life gets tough and busy and the patience is wearing thin. I do not ever feel adorable, and certainly not lately. But in the eyes of my innocent perfect three year old, maybe I am even for just a minute.
December 2007

I had to write about this, because when she is 15 or 16 she will think I am the most unadorable person she has ever met. She will never believe that she once thought that way. Who knows what the future will hold, but knowing the kind of teenager I was to my mother...I got one word for ya, KARMA. I cherish these moments, for one day the taint of teenage-hood won't be so heart melting. Dylan is the king of unexpected kisses and I love you's. When he is in that sweet mood, there is not an angel in heaven or on earth that shines like that kid. I am thankful for these little blessings and the trials they sometimes bring, but the JOY of it far out weighs it all.

I am missing those chubby cheeks of yester year! :*(

6 comments:

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Oh those kids are adorable! I just love them so much! They say the cutest things. got to love it!

Allen n Teresa said...

You are so lucky! I just love the pics! The ones with them wearing the shoes cracked me up!!! They are adorable!!!

Jamie Cooks It Up! said...

Well said Carrie! Good reminders.

Christina said...

They grow up so fast . . . keep cherishing those busy, hectic, and even frustrating moments. They define your future memories. :o) Love to you all!!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

Loved it!! Thanks for reminding me. In my kitchen I have a magnetic board that I purposely put pics of the kiddos when they were in those sweet innocent phases, so that when they're not being so sweet I can look at them & they will help me calm down & remember not so long ago they were my little angels. I can't even imagine, nor do I want to know what karma is coming my way. May heaven help me........

Darcie said...

Those are some cute pictures. I think its so easy to forget how they looked and acted when are little and time does go by so fast.