»

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Barbies, Tink, Trains, Motorcyles,and...a whole lot more!

I was so excited for Christmas this year! We for sure spoiled our kids rotten. But, hey, that's we we had them for right? Lol! Christmas morning started out with a big breakfast. I am certain this will be the last year in a looong time I get to have breakfast before presents. My parents and my little bro. Andy joined us. I was so happy to have them there. :) Before going downstairs (my nice big tree is upstairs, but I figure we can hide the mess down stairs.) to see the loot, I sat the kids down to ask them if they know why we celebrate Christmas. Maddie responded by saying "Baby Jesus." I was so pleased! I REALLY did not expect her to come up with that answer, but was happy she did.
The kids enjoyed playing with their train and Barbie house for a few min before we opened up all the rest. I knew they were excited but a little speechless at first. Once they got the hang of it and realized this was a fest of presents for them, they really got into it. Before Christmas Day Maddie owned not even a single Barbie, but she immediately knew what to do with that house and the dolls. Ken began dancing Barbie around. When Dylan joined in on the fun, he even asked for the "Daddy" insisting he be the Ken doll. They were really cute!
The kids went to the table and picked out a present to open up.
They loved ripping open those packages.
After each present we would have to open it up and "check it out".
Which was fine by me, it made Christmas last a bit longer.
Maddie was really excited about this big Tink doll.
She toted her around all day and slept with her that night.
Dylan got a motorcycle that you ride on and push with your feet. He was ecstatic about this!! He could not wait for Preston to get it put together. He helped Daddy with all the parts.

Dylan got both Thomas Trains and a big set of Geo Trax. Dylan is looking a little gangsta in the above pic. He likes to straddle the track and make a tunnel. I snapped the camera just as he was hiking up his pant legs. We had fun making all sorts of tunnels today with his new set of trio building blocks. I would really recommend those to any little boy or girl. They are great for some creative play. D and Mad love them!
Maddie and her glow worm. She saw this in the store and fell in love.
She switches back and forth with Tink as to who she takes to bed with her.
I put quite a bit of time into that house, so I was really hoping Maddie would like it. It was downstairs for a few days and she would constantly ask to go down and see it. Then we moved it up to her room and she grabbed on to the side and "helped" haul it up the stairs and down the hall. Ever since she got it she sporadically will say "Mama, I love 'em barbie house!" So thumbs up, I think she likes it! :)


4 comments:

LacyAsher#1 said...

I bought Jordyn that same Tinkerbell doll for xmas!!! She is my little stuffed animal and baby doll girl. Looks like your kids had an awesome xmas!! I really LOVE that doll house. Jordyn needs one soooooooo bad. She has a million barbies and no where to put them. That, I have decided, is Dustys job for next year. He has a whole year to do it, so lets hope it gets done!!!

Darcie said...

What an awesome Christmas you guys had! All the presents look so fun and entertaining. I love spoiling kids, and I agree that's why we had them :-) Its so fun when they are that age and you can see the magic in their eyes.

Heather said...

Dylan is so excited on his motorcycle! I love it!

Allen n Teresa said...

Your kids are so adorable! You're right though...you did spoil them rotten! I'm so jealous! lol
BTW: LOVE the gangsta pic! hehe