»

Sunday, July 19, 2009

It happened again...

Yes, that's right, recently I turned yet another year older. It was a good day though!! Preston unfortunately had to work, but my family put together a little celebration for me and it was really a great day!! I love them so much and thank them for making it special for me.

Me on birthday this year.

Me on my birthday last year. What a difference a year makes! Actually, I LOVE my hair super dark like that and I know I'll dye it that way again. For now, I thought I'd go with my natural hair color. (cough...cough...) ;)

On my birthday my family and I gathered at a park in Lehi (my hometown) for some good food and fun. The kids played on the playground and ran all over. It rained for a bit, which was kinda nice. I really love the rain. Dylan and Maddie LOVED it too. The pic above is of them running in the rain.
Then a beautiful double rainbow came out to say "Happy Birthday" to me!

My sis, Lindy, made me a cake. She's always taking care of me.

So, once again, this pic is from my last years birthday. Even though I am a year older, I believe in the concept that you are only as old as you feel. These little ones keep me young, so I'd say I am about 20. :)

A few days later when Preston got a day off, we celebrated again. Lucky me! First we went to IHOP for breakfast. Preston hates it, but luckily I get to go once a year. Haha. I think the reason I like it so much is I am in LOVE with their butter pecan syrup. If they would sell that in the store I would never have to drag him there! Lol. Later we dropped the kids off to grandma and grandpa's and went to dinner. I decided to go to Carrabbas. I FREAKIN LOVE that place!!! It was so super yummy! Afterwards, Preston said, "That was the best meal I have ever had." Which was really saying something because on the way there he was trying to talk me into McGrath's (I hate fish!!) or Mi Ranchito, which is good, but I wanted some Italian. I reccomend Carrabbas to everyone! I LOVE the fried zucchini and the Polo Rosa Maria. MMM so good. Also, if you like seafood, they have the BEST calamari. The Chicken Marsalas is awesome too.
So I know I made you hungry--go get something to eat. :)


12 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! I'm so glad you had a great day. I love that you can do dark & light hair. both equally beautiful. I desperately need a change, I might have to go get mine done soon.

Allen n Teresa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! So glad you had a good one!!! You don't look a day over 20 to me. You may laugh but I really don't think so. That's about how old I feel too. Hm, always wondered why the "old" people acted so immature when I was in high school. Guess it's cause they didn't feel much older than me. Well, here's to feelin' 20 til the day we die, huh? Lol

LacyAsher#1 said...

Happy Birthday!! So I have decided that I experienced my last birthday this year (29), but I applaud you for continuing to have them!! :) Love your Face!!!

Shanna said...

Good I'm so glad to see you had a good day you deserve it!

Darcie said...

I am sorry we missed your birthday and I am glad you had a great day. I have never been to Carraba's, but would love to try it by the sounds of it. Maybe we could all go sometime.
I really love your new hair do. Jeremy and I were commenting after the roadtrip of how cute it was and how we both loved it.
See you guys soon.

Bethany said...

Happy Late Birthday! I'm Sorry this is late. You look so good and I miss you. We so need to have lunch. We are coming up soon so I will let you know when and we can see if that will work. Again Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it.

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Hey Carrie!!
I'm glad your birthday was good! I love how you let me change your hair! Your so beautiful!You still need to come in and have your spa day!:) love you!

The Tracys said...

Happy birthday! You always look so cute! And I would seriously guess that you were 20!

erin said...

Sounds like you had a nice bday. It makes me sad we're not "down the street neighbors" anymore, but glad we've got blogs and FB! I'll have to give Carrabbas a try, I love a good restaurant!

Christina said...

Sorry so slow . . .but a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday - you certainly deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
It looks like you had a great day. Your family seems so Great! How nice to have them so close by. I didn't know you used to have your hair that dark, I love it!! I love how you try new things, with your hair. Im so boring mines always the same. Oh Well!!!

Tyson Chamberlain said...

Hope you had a super fun birthday!!