»

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little Valentine's Day Craft-a-roo for you.

Valentine's Day! Hooray! This is Dylan and Maddie's first year of preschool, so it is the first year they have done the Valentine's Day card exchange with friends. How fun! These are the cute bags their teacher Ms. Jen helped them make for all their Valentine's mail!
So I wanted to share with you a fun little Valentine's Day craft for your kids. They can also be used as cards. I can't take credit for them, they came from Disney's Family Fun Magazine. I LOVE this magazine! Each issue is LOADED with great ideas. They also have other things (different from what's featured in the magazine) online. I picked out two things I wanted to make for my kids preschool exchange. I went to Wal-mart to get the supplies. Oh, good ole Wal-mart did not have everything I needed. (packs of life savers among them..bummer.) I had originally planned to post and show you THREE ideas on here...but running short on time I could not go to any other stores. Oh well, here's what we were able to do. :)


Start out with this stuff:
Those hearts are just cut out of construction paper. You could, of course, use card stock. I used a cookie cutter to get the heart shape. I just free hand drew that trunk. I can't draw, so yours will probably come out better. ;)
I fold the paper to cut several shapes all at once. The way I folded this, gave me 8 hearts at once! Construction paper cuts REALLY easily, even 8 layers at a time.
Construct the hearts and eyes together to make this guy!

You can attach the candy of your choice to the back.

I wrote "You're Unforgettable" on the trunk. You know, Because elephants have good memories. ☺


Me and my "Big" Valentine!
This was taken on January 22nd 2011, one day before our 13th wedding anniversary!
♣ Lucky 13. ♣

Here are my Little Valentine's:
January 2011

And because I think they are SO RIPPEN' cute, here are a few more pics: ☺
January 2011

January 2011
♥♥HaPpY VaLeNtInE's DaY ♥♥



2 comments:

LacyAsher#1 said...

Way cute Carrie!! I will have to keep that in mind for next year!!!

Darcie said...

Nice! You are so creative and organized. The elephants are super cute and unique.
Your kids are adorable as always.