»

Sunday, January 10, 2010

To silence all my fears

I feel that I need to update the ole blog. I was not happy with myself when I let it go for so long in between posts a few months back. Life is busy for me, as I know it is for all of you. My baby girl had her third birthday about a week and a half ago. I really wanted to do a post about that. As I have said so many times (sorry) this blog is serving as "scrapbook" for me as of now. So, like scrapbooks I don't want to get behind...BUT, I have been having troubles getting pics to load to my computer, so hopefully Maddie's birthday post will be in the very near future. For now, here is what's on my mind today. As I just said above, I know life is busy for us ALL. I sometimes get overwhelmed. I have an amazing husband who supports me and helps me more than any wife could ask for. He is my rock. I need him as much as I need air. BUT, he works LONG and crazy hours. I say all the time that I feel like a single mom for four days out of the week. And honestly, I am. (Some weeks.. not all. Many of you know he has one full week off every month. And it is honestly what I measure time by.) I had a rough day today. I have rough days all the time, just like we all do. It's just life. I have happy days too. And even happy moments in those very rough days.
Sometimes these happy moments come from kind acts of others. A lot of times it's from my own kids. Oh those little darlings. They can be such devils! Many a hard day can be linked to them. But I would not change my life for all the gold in the world. I LOVE their ever livin' guts I tell ya! ;) While in the midst of my rough day, a song came to my mind. "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" . I began to sing it out loud. I sat on the floor and sang. ( I wish I were a GOOD singer. In the privacy of my own home I guess it's ok. LOL!) My son came and sat in my lap and my daughter came and sat beside me. They listened to mom sing and I began to cry.
There are few sweeter moments in life than when your little one looks up at you with innocent eyes and says in the sweetest voice your ears could ever behold, "Mommy, don't cry". I hugged them and sang. I cried mostly because this hymn has some of the most beautiful words I have ever known. The whole song is just a perfect masterpiece. "He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart."How beautiful. I love this song. I love the peace that good music can bring. I have not heard or sung this song in a while. I think it came to my mind because it was just the thing I needed to help me be calm and pull myself together. If you have not sung or heard it in a while, please click on the video below and take a moment to listen. I love the way the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings it so calmly. It's just beautiful.

"He lives... my KIND, wise heavenly Friend..... And while he lives I'll sing!"




If the you tube video is not working, please click here.

8 comments:

buchanancasa said...

Your post gave me chills. Spiritual music does have such a power to calm and heal and remind us of sacred truths. Thanks for the reminder, you are awesome!

Heather said...

Thank you Sweetie! I'm having a rough week to. But it just became a little bit easier to endure.

Christina said...

What a sweet post and what a sweet example you are for your little ones. :o)

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

I love that song so much! It is in my top three for sure. SO very comforting. It is awesome that You are such a great example to your kids and bring the spirit into your home. Your amazing, and I love ya!

Jamie said...

That is one of my favorite songs! Everytime I hear it and really listen to the words I get the chills. You are soo right the words are so powerful. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I let to many things that don't matter consume my thoughts. I loved reading your post and hearing your thoughts. It really puts things into perspective.

Allen n Teresa said...

So sorry to hear you had such a rough day. :o( But it's truly amazing to me how you rely on the Lord for strength. I look up to you in so many ways and spiritual strength would be one of them. I needed to read this today, thanks for sharing. Loves ya!

Kristine said...

I haven't been by your blog in quite some time--I love the way you have it all fixed up! What a beautiful family you have!! I was really touched by your post. You are such an amazing mom Carrie! Thank you for sharing this. Some days I have to remind myself, "You're gonna miss this" enjoy it while it lasts. It is so easy to get caught up in all that is negative. That hymn is a favorite of mine too.

RaCeNMoMmY said...

I love that hymn. We have a childrens book with that hymn & my kids love it now too. It's such a beautiful song & I agree it's one that can help me calm down & can help when your having one of those moments that only us moms have. beautiful post Carrie, you really have an ability to write & I love the feeling I get from reading your blog. Your really talented!